Mango Turmeric Cooler:
My beautiful and delicious green mango turmeric cooler is a healthy and cooling drink that you can even give to your children. Plus, the vegan sweet mango jelly and minty-lemony ice cubes add an extra depth of flavors in each sip of this drink. In short, it is an ultimate summer cooling drink for all ages.
Summer in India is all about eating juicy fruits and mangoes. My childhood memories always take me to those days when my entire family spent hours in eating just mangoes and sharing the story of the best mango they ever had. While my sister was an avid mango lover, I had a love-and-hate relationship with mangoes. I liked those with a firm flesh than those juicy mangoes that drip the sweet and sticky juice while eating. I am same till now.
But, I was a big big eater of raw green mangoes. My mom always handpicked those cute little green mangoes from vegetable market by carefully selecting each. Then she would wash those and wipe each one dry. Then comes the fun part, making the savory and sweet mango pickle from these mangoes for which she would cut these mangoes into small pieces and dry them under sun for days. Being a raw green mango lover, I always ate most of these sun-dried mangoes before they made their way to the pickle jars. Now that I am a mom and my daughter loves raw mangoes too, I kind of love the idea of making different things from green mangoes. And my mango turmeric cooler is one of those recipes. This drink is a perfect choice to include in your Mother’s Day brunch menu too. Happy Mother’s Day in advance to all mommies out there.
My Mango Turmeric Cooler:
My drink boasts the freshness of mint leaves, earthy taste of fresh turmeric, fresh ginger to balance the taste of turmeric and lemon juice. I have added stevia to sweeten this drink. In the end, the recipe calls for the sparkling water that adds that awesome fizz and froth to make this cooling drink even tastier. The unique toppings of this drink make it more interesting. Sweet mango jelly and minty-lemony ice cubes definitely add more flavor to this recipe. You will be surprised to know that making this is super easy.
The mango jelly is made from fresh mango pulp or puree and agar agar. These cute jelly cubes also add some sweetness to the drink. And these fresh minty-lemony ice cubes add more freshness too. Finally, the Himalayan pink salt on the rim of the glass adds another layer of flavor to this drink.
With just 79 cal, this is definitely a low-calorie drink that you can enjoy without feeling guilty. The carb and sugar in this dish comes from the fresh fruits used. Because we have used only stevia to sweeten our drink, this recipe is free from simple sugar. This potassium rich drink has a cooling and soothing effect. Thanks to the profuse use of mint leaves and turmeric that offer tremendous health benefits. Here is the nutritional fact chart.
Some of my other popular vegan drinks are here! Click on the image to visit the recipe.
And some more ideas for your Mother’s Day brunch menu planning are here too!
Want to pin this recipe? Click Pinit!
Mango Turmeric Cooler
- 1 raw green mango (peeled and cubed)
- 1 inch fresh turmeric (peeled and cut into small pieces)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 4-5 sachets stevia (Use more if needed)
- 3 cups sparkling water/plain soda (unsweetened)
- 4 lemon slices
- 1 tbsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1 cup mango puree
- 1 tbsp agar agar
- 2 tbsp hot water
Minty-Lemony ice cubes
- 1 cup filtered water
- Few mint leaves
- Few chopped lemon
- Make minty lemony ice cubes by adding mint leaves and chopped lemon in each section of ice tray. Pour water and keep in the freezer.
- I make these a night before, so the ice cubes are ready for the drink the next day.
- In a blender, take raw mango pieces, mint leaves, ginger and turmeric, stevia and little bit water.
- Blend to make a smooth puree. Refrigerate the puree.
- In a sauce pan add mango puree and agar agar dissolved in 2 tbsp water.
- Mix thoroughly while keeping the heat medium-low. Don't let the mixture boil.
- Once the mixture starts to thicken, turn the heat off.
- Pour the mango agar mixture in an ice tray and refrigerate until cool and well-set.
- Take the serving glass and moisten its rim with lemon wedges.
- Layer a flat plate with pink Himalayan salt, and evenly dip the glass into the salt layer.
- Now add the mango-turmeric puree. Slowly add the sparkling water.
- Add the minty-lemony ice cubes and top with mango jellies.
- Serve with a lemon wedge or slice.
- You can also add sweetened soda or replace the soda with plain water.
- Adding stevia is my choice. You can add sugar too.
- To make the tangy mango turmeric cooler little spicy, add roasted cumin and one green chili.
- Adding chaat masala is another great option to flavor this drink too.