Do you have some leftover celery that needs to be used up in a creative way? This crunchy and flavorful summer celery salad recipe is worth a try. It is super easy to whip up, and makes for an excellent side to any of your mains.
Scroll down and read on to get a quick overview of everything you need to know about the recipe.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need just a few simple ingredients to make the summer celery salad and the dressing.
- Broccoli (florets): 1 cup
- Haricot Beans (1-inch cut): 1 cup
- Raw mango (chopped): ½ cup
- Carrots (chopped): ½ cup
- Red and yellow bell peppers (chopped): ½ cup
- Onions (sliced): ½ cup
- Celery stalks (chopped): ½ cup
- Celery leaves (chopped): 1 cup
For the Dressing
- Lemon juice: ¼ cup
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: 1 tsp
How to Make the Summer Celery Salad
Once you have all your ingredients ready, here’s what you need to do to make the salad.
Blanch the broccoli and haricot beans.
Next, add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix. Add in the blanched broccoli and haricot beans as well.
For the dressing, mix all the ingredients mentioned under dressing and mix.
Pour the dressing over the salad and give it a good mix.
Serve salad as part of a meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
This flavorful and delicious salad tastes perfect when you use the ingredients the recipe calls for, but if you want to experiment, you can totally do that too.
Chopped Medjool dates can be a nice addition to the salad, and apart from adding the nutritional punch, it can also balance out the tanginess from the lemon nicely.
A generous sprinkle of grated Parmesan can also work wonders and help enhance the flavor and texture of the salad.
To make the salad more filling, you can add some croutons into the mix right before you serve.
Want a bit of crunch factor to the salad? Toss in some toasted walnuts or pistachios, or just some sesame or sunflower seeds and enjoy the textural difference.
Your summer celery salad tastes best when assembled and served fresh. That said, if you do have some leftovers, you can transfer them to an airtight container and refrigerate them for upto a day.
Remember that the veggies that make up the salad are bound to lose their crunchiness and turn soft when they are stored.
If you want to prep this salad in advance, you can assemble all the ingredients in a big bowl for upto 3 hours before serving, and then drizzle the dressing into the salad upto 20 minutes before you get it on the table.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Summer Celery Salad
Making this salad might be super easy, but keeping these additional tips and tricks in mind can really help take things up a notch.
- To add an extra depth of flavor to the salad, mix some anchovy paste into the dressing.
- A tablespoon of mustard can also be an excellent addition to the salad dressing. Mayonnaise can be a good alternative if you prefer some creaminess.
- To enhance the citrusy flavor of the lemon, you can also add some lemon zest into the dressing.
- Want a bit of spice? Throw in some red chilli flakes.
- If you can, top the salad with a sprinkle of pomegranate arils- they can add a nice pop of color and a little extra juiciness to the salad.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Your summer celery salad can be enjoyed on its own as a light meal, or be teamed up with any mains like grilled meats, rice dishes and even sandwiches- it is super versatile that way.
Enjoyed making and relishing this salad? On the lookout for some more easy salad recipes to recreate? Here are a few you might want to take a look at.
Summer Celery Salad
- 1 cup Brocolli , (florets)
- 1 cup Haricot Beans , (1-inch cut)
- ½ cup Raw mango , (chopped)
- ½ cup Carrots , (chopped)
- ½ cup Red and yellow bell peppers , (chopped)
- ½ cup Onions , (sliced)
- ½ cup Celery stalks , (chopped)
- 1 cup Celery leaves , (chopped)
Ingredients for the Dressing
- ¼ cup Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Blanch the broccoli and haricot beans.
- Next, add all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix. Add in the blanched broccoli and haricot beans as well.
- For the dressing, mix all the ingredients mentioned under dressing and mix.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and give it a good mix.
- Serve salad as part of a meal.
Leave a Reply