Rich, creamy and super savory- this Italian creamy chicken recipe will blow your mind away with its flavors and simplicity.
The dish comes together in under 30 minutes, which makes it the perfect choice for a weeknight dinner.
Plus, the flavors are super versatile and customizable, which makes the dish a great family friend option too.
Ready to try out this recipe? Here’s all you need to know about making it.
Ingredients For the Recipe
To make the Italian creamy chicken, here is what you will need.
- Butter: 3 tbsp
- Chicken breast (cut into bite sized cubes): 2 cups
- Onions (finely chopped): ¾ cups
- Garlic (minced): 2 tbsp
- Bell peppers (diced): 1 cup
- Tomatoes (finely chopped): 1 cup
- Red chili flakes: 1 tsp
- Salt: ½ teaspoon or as per taste
- Black pepper powder: ½ tsp
- Mixed herb seasonings: 1 tbsp
- Paprika powder: ½ tsp
- Chicken broth: ¼ cup
- Cream: ¾ cup
- Cheese (grated): ¼ cup
- Parsley (finely chopped):For garnish
How to Make the Italian Creamy Chicken
Once you have all the ingredients ready, here is what you will need to do to make the Italian creamy chicken.
Heat butter in a pan. Add the chicken and saute. Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes.
Next, add in the onions and garlic. Saute and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add the diced bell peppers next and mix well. Let the mixture cook for 2 minutes.
Next, add in the tomatoes and mix well. Stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
Add the spices next along with salt and mix well.
Add chicken broth and cream and bring the mixture to a simmer.
Once the mixture starts simmering, add in the grated cheese and mix well. Let the mixture simmer for 5 more minutes. You can adjust the consistency of the curry as per your desire. Add more chicken broth for a runny curry.
Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
Frequently Asked Questions
Along with the chicken, I used diced bell peppers, but you’re free to use other veggies of your choice too.
Diced zucchini, broccoli florets, green beans, carrots and mushrooms are all great choices.
Your leftover Italian creamy chicken can be refrigerated for up to 3 days in an airtight container or in a small bowl with some cling wrap to cover it up and keep it fresh.
To reheat it, cook it over low in a saucepan with a little splash of water to get the sauce creamy once again?
Tips & Tricks to Make the Italian Creamy Chicken
Ready to give this easy recipe a shot? Here are some tips and tricks you might want to take note of.
- If your Italian creamy chicken has turned out too thick, you can loosen it up by adding a dash of milk or fresh cream into it.
- I cut the chicken into bite-sized cubes, but you could also choose to shred the chicken or use a whole chicken breast if you want to- it all depends on what you personally prefer.
- I used processed cheese for this recipe, but you could also experiment and use other cheeses like Parmesan cheese, cream cheese and cheddar cheese, or even a mix of two cheeses.
- I used finely chopped tomatoes, because I love some chunkiness in the sauce, but if you don’t and you prefer a smoother sauce, you can use pureed tomatoes instead.
- To bump up the nutritional value of this dish, you could also add some chopped spinach or any of your favorite greens towards the end of the cooking process.
- I used a non-stick pan for this recipe, but you could also use a cast iron skillet if you want to.
- Sun dried tomatoes can also be a wonderful addition to the dish, and can complement the predominant creamy flavors of the sauce beautifully.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
This Italian creamy chicken is the perfect meal on its own when teamed up with some crusty bread on the side.
I also love serving it with some spaghetti or penne to make it more wholesome and filling. If you like it more saucy, you can pair it with some steamed rice as well.
Love this Italian creamy chicken recipe? Here are some more interesting chicken recipes you might want to try out.
- Air Fried Stuffed Chicken Breast with Spinach and Feta Cheese
- Italian Chicken Salami Puffs
- Baked Penne Pasta in a Cup
Italian Creamy Chicken
- 3 tbsps Butter
- 2 cups Chicken breast, cut into bite sized cubes
- ¾ cups Onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsps Garlic, minced
- 1 cup Bell peppers, diced
- 1 cup Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon Salt , or as per taste
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon Mixed herb seasonings
- ½ teaspoon Paprika powder
- ¼ cup Chicken broth
- ¾ cup Cream
- ¼ cup Cheese, grated
- Parsley, finely chopped for garnish
- Heat butter in a pan. Add the chicken and saute. Cook the chicken for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add in the onions and garlic. Saute and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the diced bell peppers next and mix well. Let the mixture cook for 2 minutes.
- Next, add in the tomatoes and mix well. Stir and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the spices next along with salt and mix well.
- Add chicken broth and cream and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Once the mixture starts simmering, add in the grated cheese and mix well. Let the mixture simmer for 5 more minutes. You can adjust the consistency of the curry as per your desire. Add more chicken broth for a runny curry.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.