Crispy on the outside and soft and juicy on the inside, this air fried stuffed chicken breast has a delicious and versatile spinach and feta cheese filling.
The dish comes together in minutes, and is one of the creamiest and flavorful ways you could make chicken. Pair it with rice or pasta- or enjoy it as is.
Ready to give the recipe a shot? Here’s all you need to know about making it.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need a very simple set of ingredients to put this air fried stuffed chicken breast together.
For the filling
- Spinach (roughly chopped): 2 cups
- Feta cheese (crumbled): ¼ cup
- Salt: A pinch
- Black pepper powder: ½ tsp
- Garlic powder: 1 tsp
- Mixed herb seasoning: 1 tsp
- Egg yolk: 1
For the chicken breast
- Chicken breast: 2 large
- Prepared filling
How to Make the Air Fried Stuffed Chicken Breast
Got everything ready? Here’s what you need to do next to put the dish together.
Pre-heat the air fryer at 200C for 5 minutes.
Heat a pan and add the spinach. Drizzle some oil (optional) and cook until the spinach has wilted completely.
Next, transfer the spinach into a bowl. Add the feta cheese, salt, black pepper powder, garlic powder,
Add Egg yolk, and mixed herb seasoning. Mix well.
Take the chicken breasts. Make slits into the breast to insert the filling.
Fill the chicken breasts with the stuffing.
Transfer the stuffed chicken breasts into the air fryer.
Cook the stuffed chicken breasts at 200C for 15 minutes. You can flip them once in the middle.
Serve hot with potatoes and beans on the side.
Frequently Asked Questions
This recipe sticks to a simple mix of feta cheese and spinach for the filling, but you don’t necessarily need to stop there. You can experiment with different additions and fillings too!
You can add some chopped bell peppers, zucchini, sun dried tomatoes, olives, jalapenos or even chopped mushrooms into the filling.
Feta cheese has a nice creamy and versatile flavor, which makes it the best choice for this recipe. If you don’t have it, you can use cream cheese, ricotta cheese or cottage cheese as an alternative.
Just remember to use the full fat variety for best results.
Yes, you totally can! Just make sure you allow the spinach to thaw completely and squeeze out all the excess water before adding it to the feta cheese mixture.
You sure can! You can prepare the filling for the recipe up to 2 days in advance, and just assemble everything and air fry it when you want to cook it.
While air frying tends to lend your chicken a nice crispy outside, you can also dip the stuffed chicken breast in some whisked egg and then cover it in panko crumbs before air frying it. This will lend it an extra crispy outer.
Your leftover air fried stuffed chicken breast can be transferred to a glass or airtight container and refrigerated. Then, when you want to enjoy it, just reheat it in the microwave (or the air fryer if you like it crispy).
Tips & Tricks to Make the Air Fried Stuffed Chicken Breast
Ready to give this delicious recipe a shot in your kitchen? Here’s a bit more you might want to keep in mind before you jump right into it.
- Want to lend the filling some extra flavor and deliciousness? Add some onion and garlic powder into the feta cheese mixture.
- If you want the dish to have a bit of a spicy taste, add some red pepper flakes or paprika powder into the mix.
- Just a little sprinkle of Italian seasoning into the filling can really elevate the flavor of the air fried stuffed chicken breast.
- If you don’t have Italian seasoning, you can also just use chicken bouillon powder and add it into the feta cheese mixture.
- To make the filling more creamy and delicious, you can also add a teaspoon of mayonnaise into it.
- Level up the stuffed chicken breast by seasoning it with salt and crushed black pepper on both sides, along with some olive oil to lend it a bit of juiciness before you air fry it.
- Remember that the cheese should be at room temperature before you use it to make the filling.
- Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket and leave a little breathing room for the chicken breast to cook well from all sides.
- Also make sure you check the internal temperature of the chicken using a thermometer to be sure it is cooked thoroughly.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
This versatile and subtly flavored air fried stuffed chicken breast can be enjoyed as is, or paired with a nice salad to make it more nutritious. If you’re a pasta lover, you can team this up with your favorite buttered pasta, or even just serve it with some steamed rice to make it more of a filling meal.
Got some more chicken in your refrigerator that you’re waiting to put to use? Try out any of these delicious chicken based recipes!
Air Fried Stuffed Chicken Breast with Spinach and Feta Cheese
Ingredients for the filling
- 2 cups Spinach , (roughly chopped)
- ¼ cup Feta Cheese , (crumbled)
- 1 pinch Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Mixed Herb Seasoning
- 1 pc Egg Yolk
Ingredients For the chicken breast
- 2 pcs Chicken Breast
- 1 bowl Prepared Filling
- Pre-heat the air fryer at 200C for 5 minutes.
- Heat a pan and add the spinach. Drizzle some oil (optional) and cook until the spinach has wilted completely.
- Next, transfer the spinach into a bowl. Add the feta cheese, salt, black pepper powder, garlic powder, egg yolk, and mixed herb seasoning. Mix well.
- Take the chicken breasts. Make slits into the breast to insert the filling.
- Fill the chicken breasts with the stuffing.
- Transfer the stuffed chicken breasts into the air fryer.
- Cook the stuffed chicken breasts at 200C for 15 minutes. You can flip them once in the middle.
- Serve hot with potatoes and beans on the side.