Combining two lip-smacking delicious foods- tandoori chicken and pizza together are what makes this tandoori chicken pizza- a no-fail recipe that is sure to become a total hit with everyone in the family.
Can’t wait to give the recipe a shot? Scroll down and read on to get a quick glimpse into everything you need to know about making it the right way.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need two sets of ingredients to make the tandoori chicken pizza.
For the chicken marination
- Chicken cubes: ½ cup
- Turmeric powder: ¼ tsp
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Red chili powder: ½ tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Cumin powder: ½ tsp
- Dry mango powder: ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder: ½ tsp
- Tandoori Chicken masala: 1 tsp
- Oil: 1 tbsp
For the Pizza
- Pizza base: 1
- Pizza sauce: As required
- Mozzarella cheese: As required
- Prepared marinated chicken
- Onion (diced): As required
- Mint leaves: For garnish
How to Make the Tandoori Chicken Pizza
Once you have all your ingredients ready, here’s what you need to do to make the pizza from scratch.
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
Marinate the chicken with turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, black pepper powder, tandoori chicken masala, and oil.
Next, take a pizza base and cut it into four pieces. If your pizza base is small enough to fit the air fryer base then you do not need to cut the base into four pieces.
Top the pizza with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Next, put the marinated chicken on top along with the onions.
Place the slices in the air fryer basket, spray a bit of oil on them, and cook them at 400°F for 10-12 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
You definitely can! If you have a few extra minutes and don’t mind some kitchen time, making the crust from scratch is the way to go! Just that little extra effort will make a world of difference and will help you get that perfect, fluffy, and crispy crust for your tandoori chicken pizza.
There’s a lot more that you can add as a topping to your tandoori chicken pizza. You can stick to the classics- basil, jalapeños, olives, and bell peppers or opt for sliced onions, chopped cilantro, and sliced green chilies (for some extra heat).
You definitely can! All you need to do is marinate the chicken in advance, and then, when you want to enjoy the pizza, all you need to do is put all the ingredients together and air fry the pizza until it is perfectly crisp.
Got leftovers? You can transfer the prepared pizza to an airtight container or wrap the slices in aluminum foil and refrigerate them for upto 3 days. If you have some extra marinated chicken, you can transfer it to a Ziploc bag or a freezer-safe container and freeze it for months, until it is ready to be put to use.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Tandoori Chicken Pizza
Making the tandoori chicken pizza is actually easier than you’d think, but let’s not ignore these little tips and tricks to make sure you get the recipe to hit perfection on the first try.
- If you don’t have chicken cubes, you can actually also use chicken mince instead, and it’ll be equally delicious.
- To lend the chicken the characteristic tandoori flavor, you can also add a pinch or two of crushed dried fenugreek leaves.
- To get some extra tandoori flavor, you can also add half a teaspoon of tandoori masala to the pizza sauce and give it a good mix.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, the oven is your next best bet- use it to make the pizza as you normally would.
- If you’re making the pizza dough from scratch, you can also use your cast iron skillet to cook the pizza- this will lend it that nice, charred crust that you’re looking for.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Your tandoori chicken pizza tastes best when it is piping hot, right out of the air fryer or the oven. You can enjoy it as is or top it with some oregano and chili flakes- the all-time classics. Another great idea is to drizzle a yogurt-based or cream-based dip or sauce over the top of the pizza- to balance out the smokiness and heat from all the spices in the pizza.
Enjoyed trying out this recipe? Looking for some more such easy recipes that you can put together in your kitchen? Here are a few good ones worth looking at.
- Tandoori Potatoes with Green Chutney
- Authentic Indian Vindaloo Curry
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Tikka Masala
Tandoori Chicken Pizza
Ingredients for the chicken marination
- ½ cup Chicken cubes
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon Cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon Dry mango powder
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Tandoori Chicken masala
- 1 tablespoon Oil
Ingredients for the Pizza
- 1 pc Pizza base
- 1 tablespoon Pizza sauce
- 1 cup Mozarella cheese
- 1 bowl Prepared marinated chicken
- 1 cup Onion , (diced)
- 1 pinch Mint leaves
- Pre-heat the air fryer at 400°Ffor 5 minutes.
- Marinate the chicken with turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, black pepper powder, tandoori chicken masala, and oil.
- Next, take a pizza base and cut it into four pieces. If your pizza base is small enough to fit the air fryer base then you do not need to cut the base into four pieces.
- Top the pizza with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Next, put the marinated chicken on top along with the onions.
- Place the slices in the air fryer basket, spray a bit of oil on them, and cook them at 400°F for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve hot!