A nice crispy crust loaded with a flavorful pizza sauce and some cubes of perfectly spiced cottage cheese- that’s what this tandoori paneer pizza is all about. You might have heard a lot about tandoori chicken, and if you’re a vegetarian, this take on the pizza (and the tandoori) is sure to take your taste buds for a ride.
Ready to give the recipe a try? Here’s all you need to know about making it the right way.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need just two sets of ingredients to make the tandoori paneer pizza.
For the paneer marination
- Paneer cubes: ½ cup
- Turmeric powder: ¼ tsp
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Red chili powder: ½ tsp
- Coriander powder: 1 tsp
- Cumin powder: ½ tsp
- Dry mango powder: ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder: ½ tsp
- Tandoori Chicken masala: 1 tsp
- Oil: 1 tbsp
For the Pizza
- Pizza base: 1
- Pizza sauce: As required
- Mozzarella cheese: As required
- Prepared marinated chicken
- Onion (diced): As required
- Mint leaves: For garnish
How to Make the Tandoori Paneer Pizza
Think you’re ready with all the ingredients? Here’s the step-by-step process of making the pizza.
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
Marinate the paneer with turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, black pepper powder, tandoori chicken masala, and oil.
Next, take a pizza base and cut it into four pieces. If your pizza base is small enough to fit the air fryer base then you do not need to cut the base into four pieces.
Top the pizza with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Next, put the marinated paneer on top along with the onions.
Place the slices in the air fryer basket, spray a bit of oil on them, and cook them at 400°F for 10-12 minutes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sometimes, paneer can become tough or hard if stored in the refrigerator for too long. If your paneer has turned hard, soaking it in some warm water for 10-12 minutes can soften it up and make it ready to be used for the recipe.
The tandoori marinated paneer is actually a pretty versatile ingredient that you can put to use in many different recipes and culinary creations. It can act as a nice filling for your sandwiches or taste great on its own too. The paneer cubes can also be added as a healthy protein-rich ingredient to your salad bowls.
Just like any other pizza, your tandoori paneer pizza has the potential to be topped with a lot of different items of your choice. You can stick to the basics- jalapeños, olives, basil, sun-dried tomatoes or opt for bell peppers, sliced green chilies, broccoli, and golden corn.
And of course, with any Indian recipe, you can never go wrong with a generous sprinkle of chopped coriander leaves.
Got some leftover pizza? You can transfer the slices to an airtight container and refrigerate them for upto 2 days. If you have some extra tandoori paneer left, you can refrigerate it for 3-4 days, or longer in the freezer.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Tandoori Paneer Pizza
Think the recipe is easy enough for you to try out? Here are a few additional tips and tricks you might want to keep in mind.
- Make sure you pat the paneer cubes dry and then marinate them. This extra step will ensure that they are coated with the spices and have just the right balance of flavor that you’re looking for.
- To add some extra flavor and zing to your tandoori paneer pizza, sprinkle some garlic powder or finely chopped garlic as a topping before you put the pizza into the air fryer.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can replicate the same recipe and use the oven instead.
- Got a few extra minutes at hand? Prepare your own pizza dough from scratch- it’ll work wonders in enhancing the flavor and texture of the pizza and take them both to the next level.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Your tandoori paneer pizza tastes best when it is fresh out of the air fryer- piping hot and crisp. You can enjoy it with any side dish of your choice, or as is. Don’t forget to sprinkle some oregano and chili flakes on the top before you serve.
Enjoyed replicating the recipe in your kitchen? Looking for some more such recipes that are worth your time and effort? You might want to check these out.
Tandoori Paneer Pizza
Ingredients for the paneer marination
- ½ cup Paneer cubes
- ¼ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon Cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon Dry mango powder
- ½ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Tandoori Chicken masala
- 1 tablespoon Oil
Ingredients for the Pizza
- 1 pc Pizza base
- 1 teaspoon Pizza sauce
- 1 cup Mozarella cheese
- 1 bowl Prepared marinated paneer
- 1 pc Onion , (diced)
- 1 pinch Mint leaves
- Pre-heat the air fryer at 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Marinate the paneer with turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, dry mango powder, black pepper powder, tandoori chicken masala, and oil.
- Next, take a pizza base and cut it into four pieces. If your pizza base is small enough to fit the air fryer base then you do not need to cut the base into four pieces.
- Top the pizza with pizza sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Next, put the marinated paneer on top along with the onions.
- Place the slices in the air fryer basket, spray a bit of oil on them, and cook them at 400°F for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve hot!