Crispy on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, these herbed potatoes with garlic and butter are the perfect appetizer or side to make with practically anything. They take minutes to put together, and turn out ridiculously delicious every single time.
Scroll down and read on to know everything you need to know about making them the right way.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need three simple sets of ingredients to make these herbed potatoes- all of which you probably already have in your pantry.
For the roasted garlic
- Garlic: 1 whole
- Olive oil: For drizzle
For the herbed butter
- Butter (softened): ¼ cup
- Prepared roasted garlic
- Black pepper powder: ½ tsp
- Mixed herb seasonings: 1 tsp
- Parsley (chopped): 1 tbsp
For the potatoes
- Baby potatoes (halved): 3 cups
- Olive oil: For drizzle
- Cheese (grated): ½ cup
How to Make the Herbed Potatoes With Garlic and Butter
Once you have all your ingredients ready, here’s the process to follow to put these herbed potatoes together.
Pre-heat the oven to 220C.
Take a piece of aluminum foil and add the garlic. Drizzle some olive oil.
Properly pack the garlic with the aluminum foil and bake at 200C for 30 minutes. The garlic should feel mushy after that.
For the herbed butter, take all the ingredients and mix.
Next, place the potatoes on a baking tray lined with foil.
Drizzle olive oil, season with salt and sprinkle the cheese on top.
Bake the potatoes at 200C for 30 minutes.
Next, top the potatoes with the herbed butter and bake again for 5-6 minutes until the butter completely melts and the potatoes turn golden and crisp.
Serve hot as a side salad after garnishing with freshly chopped parsley.
Frequently Asked Questions
These herbed potatoes turn out absolutely delicious with the potatoes as the key ingredient, but if you really want to take things a step further, you can also throw in some sliced carrots, bell peppers, baby corn or cherry tomatoes into the mix.
The herbed butter can be prepped in advance and refrigerated for up to a week, even more. Just remember to use a clean container with a lid. You can also use this herbed butter as a nice flavorful spread for your sandwiches, or even use it to pan-fry your green beans and other veggie sides.
While baking the potatoes will surely lend them a nice bit of crispiness, if you fancy some extra crunch factor, you can coat them in a simple slurry of rice flour and water before you pop them in the oven.
Your leftover herbed potatoes can be transferred to an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 3 days. You can then reheat them in the microwave or in the oven and serve them.
Leftover herbed potatoes can be an excellent filling for your sandwiches and make for a nice addition to your salads.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Herbed Potatoes With Garlic and Butter
Making these herbed potatoes is super easy, but having these tips and tricks handy is even better.
- While Russet potatoes are a classic, no-fuss choice for this recipe, to make the dish look fancier, you can also use a mix of Yukon gold and red potatoes.
- Don’t just stick to the parsley when it comes to garnishing the potatoes- you can use chives or spring onion greens too.
- You can use practically any kind of cheese to make these potatoes, but if you really love that cheese pull, some shredded mozzarella should do the trick.
- Parmesan cheese is another great choice, and when teamed up with the garlic and the potatoes, it turns the dish into the perfect, dreamy comfort food.
- Another great trick to add a bit of a unique flavor to the potatoes is to use celery salt instead of regular salt.
- Want your herbed potatoes to have a kick of spice? Throw in some red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
These herbed potatoes with garlic and butter taste perfect along any of your main roasts. You can also team it up with a nice salad, or serve it as an appetizer with practically anything- it is super versatile that way.
Got some extra potatoes that you want to put to use? Try out some of these easy potato based recipes that you can whip up in minutes.
- Spicy Sweet Potato Chips With Chili Mayo Dip
- Semolina and Potato Breakfast Cutlets
- Healthy Sweet Potato Chips
Herbed Potatoes With Garlic and Butter
Ingredients for the Roasted Garlic
- 1 pc Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
Ingredients For the herbed butter
- ¼ cup Butter , (softened)
- 1 bowl Prepared Roasted Garlic
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 teaspoon Mixed Herb Seasonings
- 1 tablespoon Parsley , (chopped)
Ingredients For the potatoes
- 3 cups Baby Potatoes , (halved)
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- ½ cup Cheese , (grated)
- Pre-heat the oven to 220C. Take a piece of aluminium foil and add the garlic. Drizzle some olive oil. Properly pack the garlic with the aluminium foil and bake at 200C for 30 minutes. The garlic should feel mushy after that.
- For the herbed butter, take all the ingredients and mix.
- Next, place the potatoes on a baking tray lined with foil. Drizzle olive oil, season with salt and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake the potatoes at 200C for 30 minutes.
- Next, top the potatoes with the herbed butter and bake again for 5-6 minutes until the butter completely melts and the potatoes turn golden and crisp.
- Serve hot as a side salad after garnishing with freshly chopped parsley.