Hearty, full of flavor and super healthy- you just can’t go wrong with this Instant Pot veggie loaded soup recipe. It is the perfect quick meal to whip up when you’re feeling a bit under the weather, or just when you’re looking for a light and comforting lunch or dinner to dig into.
Scroll down and read on to get a quick rundown of everything you need to know about the recipe.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll be surprised to see such a short list of ingredients to put this soup together.
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Onions (chopped): ½ cup
- Coriander stem (chopped): ¼ cup
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Carrots (finely chopped): ½ cup
- Beans (finely chopped): ¼ cup
- Sweet corn: ¼ cup
- Black pepper powder: 1.5 tbsps
- Salt: 2 tsps
- Chicken broth: 1.5 cup
- Tofu (cubed): 1 cup
- Coriander leaves (chopped): ¼ cup
- Lemon juice: For garnish
How to Make the Instant Pot Veggie Loaded Soup
Once you have everything ready, here’s what you need to do next to make the Instant Pot veggie loaded soup.
Turn on the Instant Pot and set to Saute mode. Once it's heated, add in the oil and let it heat up.
Next add the onions, coriander stem, and ginger garlic paste and saute.
Next goes the veggies and saute for 1 minute.
Add the salt and black pepper next and mix well.
Add the chicken broth next and let it come to a quick boil.
Put the tofu cubes and the coriander leaves and mix.
Put on the lid and set the Instant Pot to manual Pressure Cook mode for 15 minutes, making sure that the valve is in the sealing position.
Let the pressure release naturally before removing the lid. Give it a good stir.
Transfer the soup to a bowl.
Serve hot after squeezing half a lemon on top.
Frequently Asked Questions
While this Instant Pot veggie loaded soup already has some really versatile veggies added in, you can also go beyond that and pick a lot more.
Sliced mushrooms, zucchini, chopped kale, celery, bok choy, spinach, broccoli and potatoes are all excellent choices. To get a nice bit of tanginess and color to the soup, you can also add some chopped tomatoes.
You can! Just batch make this veggie loaded soup, allow it to cool down and then transfer to airtight containers before you refrigerate. The soup should be good there for upto 3 days. Just remember to reheat the soup on low heat or in the microwave to keep the structural integrity of the veggies in the soup intact.
You can also freeze the soup if you want it to last longer. Remember to use freezer safe containers or pouches and you should be good. Store the leftovers of the soup in the same way.
You sure can! All you need to do is swap the chicken broth that the recipe calls for with a veggie broth or plain water, and that’s it.
There are a lot of different ways you can thicken this soup. The simplest way to do it is to add a bit of heavy cream into the mix- this will add a nice bit of richness to the soup as well. If you’re trying to keep the soup vegan, you can use coconut cream, or just stick to a simple slurry of water and cornflour.
Remember to keep the heat low when you add any of these thickeners into the soup, and allow it to simmer for a few minutes before you take it off heat and serve.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Instant Pot Veggie Loaded Soup
Making this veggie loaded soup is super simple, but having these few tips and tricks up your sleeve can really make a difference.
- If you have added a thickener to the soup, remember to adjust the seasonings and spices accordingly.
- To enjoy an additional depth of flavor in the soup, you can add some tomato paste into it.
- Don’t forget to top the soup with a generous sprinkle of fresh herbs- coriander is on the ingredients list already, but if you don’t have it, you can use mint or basil too.
- Don’t have tofu? You can use cottage cheese cubes instead.
- To increase the bulk of the soup and make it more filling, you can add some steamed rice (leftovers work great) or boiled pasta or noodles towards the end.
- Want to lend this soup a bit of an Italian twist? Sprinkle some mixed herbs or Italian seasoning mix into it.
- Add a bay leaf into the Instant Pot along with the onions to lend the soup an earthy flavor.
- You can also sprinkle some chili flakes into the mix if you’d like a bit of heat in your soup.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
A bowl of this flavorful and light soup tastes perfect when paired with some crusty bread, dinner rolls, breadsticks or a simple pasta dish. This soup can also make for a simple yet delicious appetizer for any get-together that you’re hosting.
Loved trying out this simple soup recipe in your kitchen? Here are a few more rich and easy-to-make soup recipes you’ve got to experiment with too.
Instant Pot Veggie Loaded Soup
- 1 tablespoon OIl
- ½ cup Onions , (chopped)
- ¼ cup Coriander stem , (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- ½ cup Carrots , (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Beans , (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Sweet corn
- 1.5 tablespoon Black pepper powder
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 1.5 cup Chicken broth
- 1 cup Tofu , (cubed)
- ¼ cup Coriander leaves, (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice, (For garnish)
- Turn on the Instant Pot and set to Saute mode. Once it's heated, add in the oil and let it heat up.
- Next add the onions, coriander stem, and ginger garlic paste and saute.
- Next goes the veggies and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the salt and black pepper next and mix well.
- Add the chicken broth next and let it come to a quick boil.
- Put the tofu cubes and the coriander leaves and mix.
- Put on the lid and set the Instant Pot to manual Pressure Cook mode for 15 minutes, making sure that the valve is in the sealing position.
- Let the pressure release naturally before removing the lid. Give it a good stir.
- Transfer the soup to a bowl.
- Serve hot after squeezing half a lemon on top.