Perfect for breakfast or as an evening snack, this egg bhurji sandwich recipe is the perfect one to put together. The recipe is super versatile and crafted using simple kitchen ingredients.
It has the perfect balance of fluffy eggs, the veggies and the delicious and subtle flavors from all the seasonings, and is a great recipe to make and enjoy with the entire family.
Before you get started with the recipe, read on to get a quick look at everything you need to know about it.
Ingredients For the Recipe
To make the egg bhurji sandwich, you’ll need just a handful of pantry staples and seasonings.
For the Egg Bhurji
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Red, green, yellow bell pepper (finely chopped): 1 cup
- Onions (finely chopped): ¼ cup
- Turmeric powder: A pinch
- Red chili powder: 1 tsp
- Garam masala: 1 tsp
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Eggs: 2
- Coriander leaves (finely chopped): 2 tbsp
For the sandwich assembly
- Breads slices (cut into 2 triangles and toasted): 4
- Mayonnaise (flavored or plain): As required
- Prepared bhurji
How to Make the Egg Bhurji Sandwich
Once you have your ingredients ready, here’s what you’ll need to do to make the sandwich.
Heat oil in a pan. Add in the bell peppers and onions and saute. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the bell pepper starts to soften.
Next, add in the powdered spices and mix well. Cook for 1 minute.
Break in the eggs next and mix them well. Cook for 2 minutes or until the eggs are completely cooked. Break them into small tiny pieces.
Add the chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
Now, take the toasted bread triangle and apple mayonnaise of your choice.
Top it with the prepared egg bhurji. Close the sandwich with the other half of the slice.
Serve hot as a delicious fiber rich and nutritious breakfast along with a cup of tea.
Frequently Asked Questions
Bell peppers and eggs are the hero ingredients in this sandwich, but if you want to lend a bit more nutrition and flavor to it, you can also add some veggies and other ingredients of your choice.
Chopped mushrooms, for instance, can be a great addition to the egg bhurji. You can also add some chopped onions, tomatoes or even baby spinach into your omelet.
You sure can! Just swap the egg in the recipe for some tofu or cottage cheese (paneer).
You can! The egg bhurji can be prepared up to a day in advance and refrigerated until you are ready to put it together.
Just remember to store it in an airtight container to retain its freshness and to reheat it in the microwave.
While fresh sandwich bread is the best choice for this recipe, you can also use any other soft bread of your choice if you have that at hand.
If you have any leftovers, you can refrigerate them for a day. Use a clean container, preferably one that is airtight.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Egg Bhurji Sandwich
While making the egg bhurji sandwich is super easy, you might want to have these little tips and tricks handy.
- To make the egg bhurji more soft and fluffy, you can whisk a bit of whole milk into the eggs and then add them to the pan.
- For this sandwich, we’ve used a simple mayo spread and the egg bhurji as the fillings. If you want to, you could also use some sliced veggies of your choice to make it healthier.
- To make the sandwich a bit spicy, you can spread some sriracha or hot sauce on one side of the bread.
- If you love that crispy outside of a roasted sandwich, just heat a pan and toast both sides of this sandwich until brown, and then serve it. Don’t forget to grease both sides of the sandwich a bit before you do it.
- You can experiment quite a bit with the spreads and sauces to try different variations of this recipe. Use any flavored mayo or sauce of your choice.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Your healthy egg bhurji sandwich can be served as a healthy breakfast or evening snack. Team it up with a cup of tea or coffee and you’re good to go!
You can also serve it with your favorite sauces and chutneys if you really want to go the extra mile.
It is super filling and can also be a nice dinner option.
If you enjoyed making this recipe in your kitchen, and are inspired to try some more such breakfast recipes, here are a few good ones you can check out.
- Semolina and Potato Breakfast Cutlets
- Steamed Spicy Potato Stuffed Semolina Cakes
- High Fiber Breakfast Cutlets
Egg Bhurji Sandwich
Ingredients For the Egg Bhurji
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 cup Red, green, yellow bell pepper , (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Onions , (finely chopped)
- 1 pinch Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tablespoon Coriander Leaves , (finely chopped)
Ingredients For the sandwich assembly
- 4 Breads Slices , (cut into2 triangles and toasted)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise , (flavored or plain)
- 1 bowl Prepared Bhurji
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in the bell peppers and onions and saute. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the bell pepper starts to soften.
- Next, add in the powdered spices and mix well. Cook for 1 minute.
- Break in the eggs next and mix them well. Cook for 2 minutes or until the eggs are completely cooked. Break them into small tiny pieces.
- Add the chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Now, take the toasted bread triangle and apple mayonnaise of your choice. Top it with the prepared egg bhurji. Close the sandwich with the other half of the slice.
- Serve hot as a delicious fiber rich and nutritious breakfast along with a cup of tea.