A buttery and flaky crust pairs wonderfully with a warm, gooey and delicious inside that is full of fall flavors, and that’s what this easy air fried apple pie recipe is all about. All you need is a handful of ingredients, your Air Fryer and about 30 minutes to put it all together. It really doesn’t get better than this.
Scroll down and read on to get a quick glimpse into all you need to know about the recipe.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need just 7 ingredients in total to make the air fried apple pie.
For the filling
- Apples (chopped): 1 cup
- Sugar (powdered): 2 tbsps
- Cinnamon powder: 1 tsp
- Butter: 2 tbsps
- Bread slices: 4
- Prepared filling
- Egg yolk: As required for brushing
How to Make the Air Fried Apple Pie
Once you have all your ingredients ready, here’s the step by step process you’ll need to follow to make the air fried apple pie.
Heat a pan. Add the chopped apple cubes.
Add the powdered sugar, cinnamon powder, and butter and mix well. Saute for 5 minutes.
Keep sauteing the mixture until the mixture caramelizes.
Keep it aside and let it cool down.
Next, take the bread slices and cut off the crust.
Next, roll the bread slices thin.
Put the apple filling on the bread slices and fold them. Use water to join the edges.
Next, make small incisions on the bread.
Pre-heat the air fryer at 180 degree celsius for 5 minutes.
Next, coat the apple filled bread pies with egg yolk and place them in the air fryer.
Air fry the pies at 160 degree celsius for 10-12 minutes. You can turn them once after 5 minutes so that both the sides are evenly cooked.
Frequently Asked Questions
You sure can. While the filling for this recipe is extremely simple and requires no big effort, you can switch to using packaged or store-bought apple pie filling if you want to cut down on the cooking time and effort for this recipe.
While this recipe calls for the use of bread, you could totally use another alternative such as homemade or store bought shortbread pastry, depending on your personal preference.
The cinnamon powder lends a nice touch of spiciness and warmth to the apple pie filling, but if you really want to take things up a notch, you can use pumpkin pie spice or any other fall spice mix of your choice too.
To make the filling have a more rich flavor and taste, use brown sugar instead of regular white sugar.
If you have some air fried apple pie leftovers that you want to store for later, all you need to do is transfer them to an airtight container and refrigerate them for up to 3 days. You can also freeze them if you want them to last for up to 2 months.
Unbaked, assembled apple pies can be tightly covered in cling wrap or stored in an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 3 days, or frozen for 3 months.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Air Fried Apple Pie
Making the air fried apple pie is super easy, but having these little tips and tricks up your sleeve can really help elevate the flavors and textures.
- To lend the air fried apple pies a unique flavor and texture, top them with a sprinkle of coarse or raw sugar when you put them in the Air Fryer basket.
- You can also use Turbinado sugar instead of coarse sugar- it’ll lend the coating of the apple pie a nice caramel flavor.
- Want to enjoy some variation to this recipe? Swap the apple pie filling for any other fruit filling of your choice. Blueberries, cranberries and strawberries are some good options to consider.
- Remember not to overfill the pies, as it can cause the filling to seep out through the edges.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
These crispy and flaky air fried apple pies taste incredible when served right out of the oven- all on their own. You can drizzle a bit of caramel sauce on them for some extra deliciousness, or just top them with a light sprinkle of icing sugar before you serve.
Enjoyed replicating this easy fall dessert? On the hunt for some more such interesting and simple dessert recipes to try out? Here are a few good ones you might want to take a look at.
Easy Air Fried Apple Pie
Ingredients For the filling
- 1 cup Apples , (chopped)
- 2 tablespoon Sugar , (powdered)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoon Butter
Ingredients For pie
- 4 slices Bread
- 1 bowl Prepared filling
- 1 pc Egg yolk, (for brushing)
- Heat a pan. Add the chopped apple cubes.
- Add the powdered sugar, cinnamon powder, and butter and mix well. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Keep sauting the mixture until the mixture caramelizes.
- Keep it aside and let it cool down.
- Next, take the bread slices and cut off the crust.
- Next, roll the bread slices thin.
- Put the apple filling on the bread slices and fold them. Use water to join the edges.
- Next, make small incisions on the bread.
- Pre-heat the air fryer at 180 degree celsius for 5 minutes.
- Next, coat the apple filled bread pies with egg yolk and place them in the air fryer.
- Air fry the pies at 160 degree celsius for 10-12 minutes. You can turn them once after 5 minutes so that both the sides are evenly cooked.
- Serve hot!
Leave a Reply