Bursting with summery flavors and super crunchy, this crispy baby corn salad is sure to become a staple in your household. Packed with veggies and nutrition, and so delicious, this is one addictive salad recipe you definitely need to try your hands at.
Plus, making it is pretty easy too. Scroll down to get a quick glimpse into everything you need to do to put it together.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need two sets of ingredients to put this crispy baby corn salad together.
For the air fried baby corn
- Baby corn (chopped bite sized): 1.5 cups
- Olive oil: 1 tsp
- Chickpea flour: 2 tbsps
- Red chili powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Water: 2-3 tbsps or as per required
For the salad
- Prepared air fried baby corn
- Lettuce (bite sized): 2 cups
- Onions (chopped): ¼ cup
- Tomatoes (chopped): ¼ cup
- Green chilies (finely chopped): 2
- Cucumber (chopped): ¼ cup
- Pomegranate kernels: ¼ cup
- Chaat masala: 1 tbsp
- Paprika powder: ½ tbsp
- Lemon juice: 2 tbsps
- Salt: ½ teaspoon or as per taste
- Coriander leaves (chopped): ¼ cup
How to Make the Crispy Baby Corn Salad
Once you have all your ingredients ready, here’s what you need to do to make the salad.
Pre-heat the air fryer at 400°F for 5 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the air fried baby corn and mix well. Coat the baby corn properly. Add water until the chickpea flour sticks to the baby corn.
Transfer the coated baby born into the air fryer.
Air fry the baby corn at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until they are perfectly cooked.
Next, take a mixing bowl and add all the ingredients along with the air fried baby corn. Mix well.
Enjoy this healthy salad to kill your hunger pangs.
Frequently Asked Questions
While air frying should be enough to make the baby corn nice and crispy, you can lend it some extra crunch factor by coating the baby corn with a half-and-half mixture of chickpea flour and rice flour, instead of using only chickpea flour.
While the recipe calls for the use of some basic pantry essentials to put the salad together, you don’t necessarily need to stick to using just those. You can also add in some other veggies to bump up the nutritive value of the salad.
- This versatile salad can be loaded with any other veggies that you may have lying around in your refrigerator- carrots, steamed broccoli, parsnip ribbons, iceberg lettuce, spring onions, purple cabbage and even bell peppers.
- To add some bulk and protein into the salad, you can throw in some canned chickpeas or pan-fried firm tofu too.
- This salad can be a great way to get some more greens on your plate. Baby spinach, kale and even chopped up Romaine lettuce can be great additions to it.
Just like most salads, this crispy baby corn salad tastes great when you make it fresh. You can, however, prepare the air fried baby corn upto 2 days in advance, and store them in the refrigerator.
Then, when you want to put the salad together, just reheat the baby corn in the air fryer once again, and follow the rest of the recipe as is.
Got some leftover crispy baby corn salad? You can refrigerate it for up to 24 hours in an airtight container. Just like most other salads, this one is best consumed right away, or within a few hours.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Crispy Baby Corn Salad with Air Fried Baby Corn
While making the baby corn salad is actually pretty simple, having these little tips and tricks handy can really help.
- Got some leftover salad? You can use it as a filling for your lettuce wraps, taco shells or even tortillas.
- While this recipe calls for the use of paprika and chaat masala as seasonings, you don’t necessarily need to stick to using just those. You could use practically any other seasoning of your choice to bring in a bit of variation.
- A mixture of sesame oil, chili paste, salt and chopped garlic can also be a nice addition to the salad, and can lend it a fiery, Korean-style taste and flavor.
- Toasted nuts can also be a fun addition to the salad. They can pack in a lot of healthy goodness and also lend the salad a bit of crunchiness.
- Not a fan of nuts? Toasted sesame seeds can be a great topping to this salad.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Your crispy baby corn salad tastes phenomenal when served with any grilled or roasted mains. You can also enjoy the salad on its own, or pair it with a nice filling sandwich or pasta dish as well.
Loved how this salad turned out? On the hunt for some more delicious and flavorful salad recipes? Here are a few handpicked ones you might want to take a look at.
- Vegan Barley Salad with Spicy Turmeric Dressing
- Lemony Foxtail Millet Salad
- South Indian Raw Mango Salad with Sprouts
Crispy Baby Corn Salad with Air Fried Baby Corn
Ingredients For the air fried baby corn
- 1.5 cups Baby corn , (chopped bitesized)
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Chickpea flour
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Pepper powder
- 3 tablespoon Water
Ingredients For the salad
- 1 bowl Prepared air fried baby corn
- 2 cups Lettuce , (bite sized)
- ¼ cup Onions , (chopped)
- ¼ cup Tomatoes , (chopped)
- 2 pcs Green chilies , (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Cucumber , (chopped)
- ¼ cup Pomegranate kernels
- 1 tablespoon Chaat masala
- ½ tablespoon Paprika powder
- 2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup Coriander leaves, (chopped)
- Pre-heat the air fryer at 400°F for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the air fried baby corn and mix well. Coat the baby corn properly. Add water until the chickpea flour sticks to the baby corn.
- Transfer the coated baby born into the air fryer.
- Air fry the baby corn at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until they are perfectly cooked.
- Next, take a mixing bowl and add all the ingredients along with the air fried baby corn. Mix well.
- Enjoy this healthy salad to kill your hunger pangs.