If you have an incurable love for savory, crispy snacks, you’ve got to try making these air fried vegetable rolls.
They’re full of flavor, flaky and crunchy on the outside and packed with a delicious veggie filling on the inside.
These can be a super snack to put together when you have guests, or just when you’re craving for something crunchy and salty, but still want to keep things healthy.
Ingredients For the Recipe
To make the air fried vegetable rolls, here is what you will need.
- Cabbage (shredded): 2 cups
- Carrot (finely chopped): ¼ cup
- Beetroot (finely chopped): ¼ cup
- Coriander leaves (chopped): 3 tbsp
- Onion (finely chopped): ¼ cup
- Potatoes (boiled and mashed): 1 cup
- Chaat masala: 1 tsp
- Red chili powder: ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Ready made wraps: As required
- Lemon juice: For garnish
- Salt and Pepper: For seasoning
How to Make the Air Fried Vegetable Rolls
Once you have all the ingredients ready, here is what you will need to do to make the air fried vegetable rolls.
In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the rolls and give it a good mix.
Pre-heat the air fryer at 200℃ for 5 minutes.
To assemble the wraps, take a ready made wrap. Top it with the prepared mixture.
Garnish with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Fold the wrap.
Cook them at 180℃ for 8-10 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
Serve hot with green chutney and onion salad.
Frequently Asked Questions
Based on your personal preference, you can add lots of different vegetables to the air fried vegetable rolls.
Green peas, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, and spring onions are all great choices. You can also use a bag of salad mix and some of your favorite seasonings as the filling for these vegetable rolls- they’re pretty versatile that way.
This is actually one of those recipes that you can make in advance and freeze for later. You can make the rolls and freeze them in an airtight container for months and then air fry them whenever you want to- they’re great for meal prep.
If you have any leftovers, you can refrigerate them for 1 to 2 days. Just make sure you reheat them in the Air Fryer to get them nice and crispy.
You can use the microwave too, but the rolls won’t retain their crispy texture if you do.
You sure can! I would recommend air frying them if you really want to keep them healthy and low calorie, but if you want to, you can totally deep fry them too.
Air fried snacks are much healthier than the baked and deep fried versions- and just like these veggie rolls, you can also make potato wedges and broccoli bites in your Air Fryer.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Air Fried Vegetable Rolls
While making these air fried mixed vegetable rolls is super easy, you might also want to keep these little tips and tricks handy.
- I used a mix of chaat masala and garam masala powder to add flavor to the vegetable mixture. You can add any other seasoning mix of your choice too!
- You can also make these rolls cheesy by adding some grated cheese into the mix. Mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese are two great options.
- Remember to add these vegetable rolls in a single layer in your Air Fryer basket and grease them with a little bit of oil to get them to brown up nicely.
- Avoid overcrowding the Air Fryer basket with too many vegetable rolls. Arranging them in a single layer will ensure that they are golden brown and crispy and all the sides.
- Also remember to flip the vegetable rolls midway through the cooking process.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
These crispy air fried vegetable rolls can be enjoyed on their own as a teatime snack or an appetizer.
You can also team them up with any dipping sauce of your choice- I love serving them with my spicy cashew chutney. These rolls can also be solved with any fried rice or Asian fusion dish.
If you enjoyed making these crispy vegetable rolls, you might also want to check out some of these delicious appetizers and snack recipes
Air Fried Vegetable Rolls
- 2 cups Cabbage , (shredded)
- ¼ cup Carrot , (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Beetroot , (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoon Coriander leaves, (chopped)
- ¼ cup Onion , (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Potatoes , (boiled and mashed)
- 1 teaspoon Chaat masala
- ½ teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3 Ready Made Wraps
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice, For garnish
- 1 pinch Salt and Pepper, For seasoning
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the rolls and give it a good mix.
- Pre-heat the air fryer at 200℃ for 5 minutes.
- To assemble the wraps, take a ready made wrap. Top it with the prepared mixture. Garnish with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Fold the wrap.
- Cook them at 180℃ for 8-10 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Serve hot with green chutney and onion salad.