These air fried buffalo broccoli bites are crispy on the outside, soft and tender on the inside and full of flavor. If you’re someone who doesn’t like broccoli, or are just looking for a way to put some leftover broccoli to use, this recipe is a great place to get started.
These bites can be enjoyed as a healthy snack or served as a side, and they’re super easy to put together.
Ready to give this recipe a try? Here’s all you need to know about it before you do.
Ingredients For the Recipe
Make the air fried buffalo broccoli bites, here is what you will need
- All purpose flour: ¼ cup
- Besan (chickpea flour): 2 tbsp
- Onion powder: 2 tbsp
- Garlic powder: 2 tbsp
- Paprika powder: 2 tsp
- Pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Milk: ¼ cup
- Spicy Buffalo sauce: ½ cup
- Broccoli florets: 2 cups
How to Make the Air Fried Buffalo Broccoli Bites
Once you have all the ingredients ready, here is what you will need to do to make the air fried buffalo broccoli bites
In a mixing bowl, add the all purpose flour, besan, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika powder, pepper powder, and salt. Mix well.
Next add the milk and give it a good mix.
Add the buffalo sauce next and mix well.
Transfer the broccoli florets into the mixture and coat them well.
Pre-heat the air fryer at 200℃ for 5 minutes.
Transfer the marinated broccoli florets into the air fryer, brush them with oil a bit, and cook them at 200℃ for 8-10 minutes.
Once they are cooked, serve them with a dip of your choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
In addition to all the spices that I have used, you can also experiment and try out different variations of this recipe by adding more spices of your choice.
Italian seasoning, peri peri seasoning are both great choices that you can consider adding into the mix.
You can also use other veggies like carrots, cauliflower, green beans, potatoes, and cherry tomatoes in addition to the broccoli.
If you have any leftovers, you can transfer them to an airtight container and in the refrigerator. These should last you for up to 3 days.
While you can always reheat the broccoli bites in the microwave, I would recommend air frying them once again- doing this will help make them nice and crispy.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Air Fried Buffalo Broccoli Bites
Ready to give this easy recipe a shot? Here is what you’ll need to know before you jump right into the recipe.
- I have used chickpea flour and all purpose flour for this recipe, but if you want to make these air fried buffalo bites even more crispy, you can use rice flour instead.
- If you don’t have buffalo sauce, you can use any other hot sauce or spicy sauce of your choice
- If you don’t have an Air Fryer, you can choose to bake these buffalo broccoli bites too. Just remember to grease the baking tray well, so that the broccoli bites don’t end up sticking to the tray.
- Make sure the consistency of the coating is perfect before you throw in the broccoli florets. You can adjust the consistency using milk, but make sure it is just right to coat the broccoli florets and isn’t too runny at the same time.
- You can also make these broccoli bites vegan by using water instead of the milk to adjust the consistency of the coating mixture.
- To bring some additional crunchy texture to the broccoli bites, you can coat them in some breadcrumbs (ideally panko breadcrumbs) after they’ve been coated in the seasoning and flour mixture.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
The crispy air fried buffalo broccoli bites can be served with some ranch sauce on the side. If you like spicy food, you can team them up with some extra hot sauce too.
These bites can be served as a side to any of your main dishes or enjoyed as an evening snack.
If you enjoyed these crispy broccoli bites, and are looking to try your hands at some more fun and easy snacks that you can make in your Air Fryer, here are a few handpicked ones you might want to check out.
Air Fried Buffalo Broccoli Bites
- ¼ cup All purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon Besan
- 2 tablespoon Onion powder
- 2 tablespoon Garlic powder
- 2 teaspoon Paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon Pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup Milk
- ½ cup Spicy Buffalo sauce
- 2 cups Broccoli florets
- In a mixing bowl, add the all purpose flour, besan, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika powder, pepper powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Next add the milk and give it a good mix.
- Add the buffalo sauce next and mix well.
- Transfer the broccoli florets into the mixture and coat them well.
- Pre-heat the air fryer at 200℃ for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the marinated broccoli florets into the air fryer, brush them with oil a bit, and cook them at 200℃ for 8-10 minutes.
- Once they are cooked, serve them with a dip of your choice.