The unbeatable combination of crunchy peanuts and caramel, teamed up with the richness and deliciousness of chocolate is what these peanut and chocolate bites are all about.
Sink your teeth into the crunchy and flavorful bites and get that oozy, gooey, caramel filling- this is one sweet treat you’ll find yourself craving for (and making) again and again.
Ready to give the recipe a shot? Here’s all you need to know about making it the right way.
Ingredients For the Recipe
To make these peanut and chocolate bites with caramel filling, here’s all you’ll need.
- Peanuts: ½ cup
- Biscuits (crushed/powdered): 1 cup
- Cocoa powder: 4 tbsp
- Powdered sugar/Jaggery (powder): 2 tablespoon or as per taste
- Butter (melted): ½ cup
- Chocolate sauce: ½ cup
- Caramel sauce: As required
How to Make the Peanut and Chocolate Bites with Caramel Filling
You’ll be surprised at how easy it is to put these chocolate bites together. Just follow the step by step process mentioned here.
In a pan, dry roast the peanuts. Next, blitz them in a food processor.
Add the biscuits to a food processor and blitz them at high speed until they turn into powder. Prepare 1 cup of the crushed biscuits.
Transfer the blitzed biscuits and the peanuts to a large mixing bowl.
Take a sieve and sift the powdered sugar/jaggery and cocoa powder.
Mix the dry ingredients well.
Next, add the melted butter and mix well.
Add the chocolate sauce and start kneading the mixture into a soft dough.
Take a cling film and pour the mixture on top of it. Make a flat rectangular layer.
Top it with caramel sauce.
Roll the cling film and make a cylinder.
Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Next remove the cylindrical layer from the cling film.
Cut it into bite sized pieces.
Drizzle chocolate sauce and caramel sauce on top of the chocolate roll.
Frequently Asked Questions
There’s so much more you can add to these bites than just what’s on the ingredients list. For some extra chocolatey goodness, add some mini chocolate chips, and if you’re more of a caramel lover, throw in some mini caramel chips.
Got some leftover cake or muffins? Crumble them and add them into the mixture. This will not just lend the bites a nice brownie-like texture, but will also act as a nice binding agent.
Yes! You can use coarsely crushed almonds, pecans, cashew nuts, pistachios and even walnuts and try out different variations of this recipe. In fact, you can also use a combination of two or more nuts if you want to.
Run out of caramel sauce or are just looking for a healthier alternative? Use date caramel. It is the next closest thing and has a similar texture and flavor.
To make it, all you need to do is combine pitted medjool dates with a bit of sea salt in a food processor and blend it until you get a nice, creamy and uniform mixture.
You sure can! You can prepare the bites up to 5 days in advance and just store it in the refrigerator until you are ready to assemble everything.
Your leftover peanut and chocolate bites can be transferred to an airtight container and refrigerator immediately to keep their structural integrity intact. If you really want to, you can also make them in a big batch, transfer everything to a freezer safe container and then freeze it for later.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Chocolate Bites with Caramel Filling
These peanut and chocolate bites may be super easy to put together, but having these extra tips and tricks handy can really help.
- Want these bites to have a more intense and rich taste? Use dark chocolate sauce and dark cocoa powder instead of the regular variety.
- You can also skip drizzling the bites with caramel and chocolate sauce and just dunk them in some melted chocolate and allow them to chill in the refrigerator until they form a shell.
- Don’t have powdered sugar or jaggery, you can use coconut sugar or maple syrup as an alternative.
- Another great idea is to add some mini marshmallows or chopped marshmallows into the mixture before you roll it out to get some extra chewiness and deliciousness.
- Want the bites to have even size and shape? Use an ice cream scoop to scoop out equal portions of the filling.
- You can also roll out the dough with a rolling pin between two sheets of cling wrap, and use funky cookie cutters to cut them out in different shapes before you drizzle them with the chocolate and caramel sauce.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
These crunchy and soft peanut and chocolate bites, with their rich caramel filling, taste incredible on their own- you don’t need to put in any extra effort to serve them.
Enjoyed making these peanut and chocolate bites? You wouldn’t want to miss out on trying out these other interesting sweet treat recipes.
- Vegan Low-carb Avocado Chocolate Cake
- Chocolatey Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Instant Pot Blueberry Cobbler
Peanut and Chocolate Bites with Caramel Filling
- ½ cup Peanuts
- 1 cup Biscuits , (crushed/powdered)
- 4 tablespoon Cocoa Powder
- 2 tablespoon Powdered sugar/Jaggery, (powder)
- ½ cup Butter , (melted)
- ½ cup Chocolate Sauce
- ½ cup Caramel Sauce
- In a pan, dry roast the peanuts. Next, blitz them in a food processor.
- Add the biscuits to a food processor and blitz them at high speed until they turn into powder. Prepare 1 cup of the crushed biscuits.
- Transfer the blitzed biscuits and the peanuts to a large mixing bowl.
- Take a sieve and sift the powdered sugar/jaggery and cocoa powder.
- Mix the dry ingredients well.
- Next, add the melted butter and mix well.
- Add the chocolate sauce and start kneading the mixture into a soft dough.
- Take a cling film and pour the mixture on top of it. Make a flat rectangular layer.
- Top it with caramel sauce.
- Roll the cling film and make a cylinder.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Next remove the cylindrical layer from the cling film.
- Cut itinto bite sized pieces.
- Drizzle chocolate sauce and caramel sauce on top of the chocolate roll.