A buttery graham cracker crust, a creamy, cheesy filling and a delicious strawberry compote topping- that’s what this no bake cheesecake with strawberry compote is all about.
Making it is pretty easy- here’s all you need to know about doing it the right way.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need three sets of ingredients to make the no bake cheesecake and the strawberry compote.
For the no-bake pie crust
- Graham crackers (crumbs): 1.5 cups
- Butter (at room temperature): ½ cup
- Sugar: ¼ cup
For the cheesecake filling
- Cream cheese: 1 cup
- Sugar (powdered): ¼ cup
- Heavy cream: 1 cup
- Vanilla extract: 1 tsp
- Salt: A pinch
- Lemon juice: ½ tsp
For the assembly
- Set cheesecake
- Ready made strawberry compote
How to Make the No Bake Cheesecake with Strawberry Compote
Once you have all your ingredients ready, here’s what you need to do to make the cheesecake.
In a bowl mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Mix into a crumbly mixture.
Next, take a pie plate and transfer the graham cracker mixture into it. Set it properly into the pie plate to make the cheesecake base.
Transfer into the refrigerator and let it chill for 30 minutes.
For the filling, add all the ingredients mentioned under cheesecake filling and mix well.
Transfer the filling over the base of the cheesecake. Transfer it to a refrigerator and let it sit for 3 hours.
Top the cheesecake with strawberry compote and serve.
Frequently Asked Questions
You sure can! If you want to cut down on the cooking time and steps needed to put the cheesecake together, you can just use a pre-made pie crust and follow the rest of the recipe as is.
While Graham crackers remain the best choice to make the crust, you can still opt for any other neutral flavored crackers, cookies or digestive biscuits. If you prefer a salty kick to the cheesecake crust, you could use crushed pretzels for the base. Crushed Oreos can be a great choice if you’re looking to make a cheesecake with a chocolatey taste.
While the cream cheese filling for this no bake cheesecake is simple and classic with the lemon juice and the vanilla extract, you can also take it a step further and add in some pink food coloring and strawberry essence- or even better- pureed strawberries to make it more delicious.
Your leftover no bake cheesecake can be transferred to an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 2 days. You can also choose to freeze the cheesecake, but it won’t retain the same texture when thawed.
Tips & Tricks to Make the No Bake Cheesecake with Strawberry Compote
While putting the cheesecake together is actually pretty easy, you might want to keep these little tips and tricks in mind to nail the flavors and textures.
- Remember to use a full fat variant of cream cheese for this recipe for best results. Choosing a low fat version is not recommended, simply because it just won’t set, in spite of refrigeration.
- The chilling time for this cheesecake is probably the most crucial and essential step- for obvious reasons. Allow at least 12 hours of refrigeration for the cream cheese to set and for the no bake cheesecake to hold its shape well when being cut.
- If your cream cheese filling seems too soft and runny, you can stabilize it and make it more fluffy and creamy by mixing some Cool Whip.
- Don’t have ready made strawberry compote? Create it on your own in a few minutes by combining fresh chopped strawberries, sugar and a bit of lemon juice in a pan and allowing it to cook until the strawberries break down.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Just like any other dessert, this no bake cheesecake tastes best when served chilled. You can also drizzle a bit of fresh strawberry sauce on the top before you serve, or have a fresh spritz of whipped cream topping on it for an extra fun element.
Loved recreating this delicious cheesecake in your kitchen? Looking for some more exciting dessert recipes to try out? Here are a few good ones you might want to take a look at.
No Bake Cheesecake with Strawberry Compote
Ingredients For the no-bake pie crust
- 1.5 cups Graham Crackers , (crumbs)
- ½ cup Butter , (at room temperature)
- ¼ cup Sugar
Ingredients For the cheesecake filling
- 1 cup Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Sugar , (powdered)
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Salt
- ½ teaspoon Lemon Juice
Ingredients For the assembly
- 1 plate Set Cheesecake
- 1 bowl Ready made Strawberry Compote
- In a bowl mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Mix into a crumbly mixture.
- Next, take a pie plate and transfer the graham cracker mixture into it. Set it properly into the pie plate to make the cheesecake base.
- Transfer into the refrigerator and let it chill for 30 minutes.
- For the filling, add all the ingredients mentioned under cheesecake filling and mix well.
- Transfer the filling over the base of the cheesecake. Transfer it to a refrigerator and let it set for 3 hours.
- Top the cheesecake with strawberry compote and serve.