There’s nothing better than a batch of freshly baked chocolate cookies coming out of the oven, and if that’s what you’re craving too, you’ve got to give these almond chocolate cookies a shot. They’re super easy to put together, and pack in some healthy ingredients, which means you can go ahead and indulge minus the guilt.
Scroll down and read on to discover everything you need to know about the recipe.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need a very simple set of ingredients to make the almond chocolate cookies.
- Butter: ½ cup
- Sugar (powdered): ¼ cup
- Egg: 1
- Whole Wheat flour: 1 cup
- Almonds flour: ½ cup
- Vanilla extract: 1 tsp
- Cocoa powder: ¼ cup
- Baking powder: ½ tsp
- Baking soda: ½ tsp
How to Make the Almond Chocolate Cookies
Once you have all your ingredients ready, here’s what you need to do to make the cookies.
Beat the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until the sugar melts and the mixture is fluffy.
Next, add the egg and beat the mixture once again.
Add the vanilla extract next and mix again.
Mix the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl.
Transfer the dry ingredients mixture into the wet mixture and combine until it becomes a dough.
Cover the dough and rest it for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
In the meantime, preheat the oven to 350F.
Line the baking tray with parchment paper. Place one scoop of the dough into the baking tray. Make as many scoops as you can.
Press the scoops lightly with your fingers. Put almond slivers on top.
Bake the cookies at 350F for 10-12 minutes or until they are done.
Take the tray out of the oven and let the cookies cool down for at least 15 minutes. This will harden them and provide the cookie texture.
Serve with coffee or tea or enjoy as snacks!
Frequently Asked Questions
Using whole wheat flour to make the almond chocolate cookies is great, because it is a much healthier option as opposed to all purpose flour. However, you can make do with all purpose flour too, if you don’t have the former.
If you want your cookies to have a brownie-like texture, use a half-half mixture of cake flour and regular flour.
There are several reasons why your cookies might have turned out flat. An easy trick to make sure your cookies have the right shape and flavor is to allow the dough to chill for at least 15 minutes. This might seem unnecessary, but it actually does a lot.
- Allowing the dough to cool helps the butter solidify and in turn, take more time in the oven to melt. This will ensure that the cookie doesn’t end up turning into a giant puddle in the oven.
- Letting the dough sit also helps the flours get hydrated, which in turn, helps you get a moist cookie that is perfectly shaped.
These cookies have the right balance between the chocolatey flavors and the crunchiness from the almonds. However, you can bring in some flavor variation as well if you want to.
Sea salt flakes can make for an excellent addition to the cookies, and can help enhance the flavors of the existing ingredients. If you prefer some more chocolatey goodness, throw in some mini chocolate chips or chocolate chunks into the mix.
If you have made the cookies in a big batch or have some leftovers that you want to store for later, just transfer them to an airtight container and let them stay at room temperature. These can stay fresh for a week or up to 10 days.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Almond Chocolate Cookies
Think you’re ready to give the recipe a shot? Wait up! You might want to keep these little tips and tricks handy before you do.
- Make sure you use high quality cocoa powder for this recipe. This will really affect how the cookies turn out. If you can, use Dutch processed cocoa powder.
- Want your cookies to have some extra chewiness? Throw in an extra egg yolk.
- While most cookie recipes call for the use of room temperature or softened butter, for this one in specific, use cold butter. Using cold butter will help your cookies get that nice fudgy texture.
- Just like with other baked goodies, remember not to overmix the dough. Mix it until all the ingredients are just well combined.
- Want to bring in a bit of variation with the cookies? Add a pinch or two of instant coffee powder into the cookie dough along with the other ingredients.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
These almond chocolate cookies taste amazing all on their own or when paired with some tea or coffee and served as an evening snack. You can also sandwich a scoop of vanilla ice cream between two cookies and turn it into an ice cream sandwich.
Enjoyed trying your hands at these delicious cookies? Looking for some more such interesting recipes to try out? Here are a few good ones you might want to take a look at.
Almond Chocolate Cookies
- ½ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Sugar , (powdered)
- 1 pc Egg
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ cup Almonds Flour
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Cocoa Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking Soda
- Beat the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until the sugar melts and the mixture is fluffy.
- Next, add the egg and beat the mixture once again.
- Add the vanilla extract next and mix again.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Transfer the dry ingredients mixture into the wet mixture and combine until it becomes a dough.
- Cover the dough and rest it for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In the meantime, pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- Line the baking tray with parchment paper. Place one scoop of the dough into the baking tray. Make as many scoops as you can.
- Press the scoops lightly with your fingers. Put almond slivers on top
- Bake the cookies at 350F for 10-12 minutes or until they are done.
- Take the tray out of the oven and let the cookies cool down for at least 15 minutes. This will harden them and provide the cookie texture.
- Serve with coffee or tea or enjoy as snacks!
Leave a Reply