Perfect for when you’re looking for an easy appetizer to whip up for some guests you’re entertaining, these lemon pepper chicken wings are great and are sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
They are versatile and need minimal ingredients to put together- it really doesn’t get better than this. Ready to try the recipe out in your kitchen? Scroll down and read on to get a quick overview about making it the right way.
Ingredients For the Recipe
Apart from the chicken wings, you’ll need just a handful of other pantry essentials to put this recipe together.
- Chicken wings: 6
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Garlic (minced): 1 tbsp
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Paprika: ½ tsp
- Butter: 4 tbsps
- Lemon zest: A pinch
- Lemon juice: 3 tbsps
- Black pepper: 1 tsp
- Onion powder: ½ tsp
- Garlic powder: ½ tsp
How to Make the Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
Once you have everything ready, here’s the process you need to follow to make the lemon pepper chicken wings.
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
Next, take the chicken wings in a mixing bowl and add the salt, garlic, oil, and paprika. Mix well.
Spray the air fryer basket with oil.
Place the chicken wings on the basket and cook at 400°F for 10 minutes.
Next, flip the wings and cook again at 400°F for 8 minutes or until they are completely cooked.
Next, heat a pan with butter at low heat. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Whisk it.
Pour the butter mixture over the prepared chicken wings.
Frequently Asked Questions
You definitely can! There’s just something about chicken wings that makes them a total hit with everyone, which is why they were used for this recipe. You could totally try the same ingredients with a different cut of chicken like thighs, drumsticks, or even chicken breast cut into strips.
There’s a lot more that you can add to the dish to elevate its flavor and nutritive profile. Chop up some carrots, zucchini, bell peppers, potatoes, green beans, asparagus, broccoli, or any other veggie of your choice and add them into the pan while you’re preparing the sauce. Let them cook for a few minutes and then serve the chicken wings with the veggies.
Got any leftover lemon pepper chicken wings? You can refrigerate them in an airtight container, and they can last for upto 3 days. Then, when you plan to serve them, all you need to do is reheat them (preferably in the microwave or air fryer) and that’s it.
You can also take the meat off the bones and use it as a quick filling for your homemade tacos or sandwiches or even add it to your simple pasta dish to take it up a notch.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings?
Ready to try out this fun and flavorful recipe? Here are some additional tips and tricks you might want to keep in mind before you do.
- These lemon pepper chicken wings have bright and vibrant flavors and work wonderfully as an appetizer. You could also take it up a notch by creating a nice lemony sauce that you can drizzle over the chicken.
- Want to turn this into a complete meal? Use chicken breasts instead of chicken wings, and serve them with some steamed rice or pasta or a fresh salad on the side.
- Trying to recreate this dish in a hurry? You could also just use any lemon pepper seasoning mix instead of trying to put the individual elements together.
- To get an extra crispy outside on the chicken wings, you can also add some flour (think rice flour) to the mixture you’re using to coat the wings.
- Don’t forget to top the chicken wings with a generous sprinkle of chopped cilantro right before you serve.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
These lip-smacking delicious lemon pepper chicken wings can be enjoyed as is, or paired with a nice dipping sauce on the side if you really want to go the extra mile. These can taste fantastic when served with some butternut squash mac and cheese or a nice curry.
And if you loved this recipe, you might also want to try your hands at some spicy fried chicken drumsticks or air-fried honey sriracha chicken wings- they too, are packed full of flavor and are super easy to make.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- 6 Pcs Chicken Wings
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Garlic , (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- 4 tablespoon Butter
- 1 pinch Lemon zest
- 3 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- Pre-heat the air fryer at 400°F for 5 minutes.
- Next, take the chicken wings in a mixing bowl and add the salt, garlic, oil, and paprika. Mix well.
- Spray the air fryer basket with oil.
- Place the chicken wings on the basket and cook at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Next, flip the wings and cook again at 400°F for 8 minutes or until they are completely cooked.
- Next, heat a pan with butter at low heat. Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder. Whisk it.
- Pour the butter mixture over the prepared chicken wings.
- Serve hot!