When it comes to comfort food, chicken, in its many forms, almost always tops the list. These honey sriracha chicken wings are just that and more- they have the perfect balance of sweetness and tanginess and are super easy to whip up and serve, making them an excellent choice as an appetizer for a house party.
Drooling already? Here’s everything you need to know about the recipe before you give it a shot.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need just a few simple ingredients to make the honey sriracha chicken wings.
- Chicken wings: 6
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Garlic (minced): 1 tbsp
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Paprika: ½ tsp
- Butter (melted): ¼ cup
- Sriracha sauce: 4 tbsps
- Honey: 4 tbsps
- Black pepper: 1 tsp
- Onion powder: ½ tsp
- Garlic powder: ½ tsp
How to Make the Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
Once you have all your ingredients ready, here’s what you need to do to.
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
Next, take the chicken wings in a mixing bowl and add the salt, garlic, oil, and paprika. Mix well.
Spray the air fryer basket with oil.
Place the chicken wings on the basket and cook at 400°F for 10 minutes.
Next, flip the wings and cook again at 400°F for 8 minutes or until they are completely cooked.
Next, take melted butter in a bowl. Add the remaining ingredients except for the honey. Whisk it.
Pour the butter mixture over the prepared chicken wings.
Next, garnish with generous amounts of honey on top.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you definitely can! Chicken wings are great because they have just the perfect amount of soft mean on the bone, which is nicely enveloped in the sauce, giving you just the right balance of taste in every single bite.
You can also use any other cut of chicken for the same recipe of course- drumsticks or even boneless chicken strips.
You actually can! If you’re making these in a big batch, you can air fry the spiced chicken wings and refrigerate them until you are ready to use them, and at the same time, also prepare the butter mixture and store it separately. Then, when you want to assemble them, just air fry or broil the wings once again and follow the rest of the steps as-is.
This is actually an excellent way to get the chicken wings to have that nice crunchy and crispy outer coating that you’d find in deep-fried chicken.
This recipe calls for the honey sriracha chicken wings to be air fried, which is undoubtedly one of the healthiest cooking methods. You can also deep fry them if you don’t have an air fryer, or bake them if you’re looking to keep things healthy.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
Making these flavorful chicken wings is quite easy, but having these little tips and tricks up your sleeve can really work the magic and help you take the flavor up a notch.
- Sriracha is the key element of this recipe- it lends the chicken that kick of spice. If you don’t have sriracha or just don’t have taste buds that can tolerate a lot of spice, you could swap it with any other mildly spiced hot sauce instead.
- To lend the chicken wings an extra smoky flavor, you can also add a teaspoon of barbeque sauce into the mix, or use smoky paprika instead of the regular paprika.
- Don’t have minced garlic? Use garlic powder instead.
- Want your honey sriracha chicken wings to have an extra punch of flavor? You can also add some lemon zest to the butter mixture.
- Don’t forget to top the chicken wings with a generous sprinkle of freshly chopped cilantro right before you serve.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Your honey sriracha chicken wings are delicious enough to be devoured all on their own, but if you’re really feeling like going the extra mile, you can serve them with a nice dip on the side. And if you’re making these chicken wings as one of the many appetizers and snacks you’re serving, here are a few more easy recipes you might want to take a quick look at.
Air Fried Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
- 6 pcs Chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Garlic , (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- ¼ cup Butter , (melted)
- 4 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 4 tablespoon Honey
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper
- ½ teaspoon Onion powder
- ½ teaspoon Garlic powder
- Pre-heat the air fryer at 400°Ffor 5 minutes.
- Next, take the chicken wings in amixing bowl and add the salt, garlic, oil, and paprika. Mix well.
- Spray the air fryer basket withoil.
- Place the chicken wings on thebasket and cook at 400°F for 10 minutes.
- Next, flip the wings and cookagain at 400°F for 8 minutes or until they are completely cooked.
- Next, take melted butter in abowl. Add the remaining ingredients except the honey. Whisk it.
- Pour the butter mixture over theprepared chicken wings.
- Next garnish with generous amountsof honey on top.
- Serve hot!