Thick, rich, super savory and just what you need when you’ve had a rough day, this Instant Pot creamy cauliflower soup is one of the easiest comfort food recipes you’ll come across.
It takes just a few minutes of prep time, and you’ll end up with lunch (or dinner) that is sure to hit the soul, and even be a hit with everyone in the family.
Ready to give the recipe a shot? Scroll down to get a quick overview of everything you need to know about it.
Ingredients For the Recipe
Apart from the obvious ingredient- cauliflower, you’ll need just a few other pantry staples to put the recipe together.
For the first phase
- Butter: 2 tbsps
- Garlic (finely chopped): 2 tbsps
- Onions (chopped): ½ cup
- Califlowers (florets): 2 cups
- Chicken broth: 1 cup
For the second phase
- Butter: 1 tbsp
- Garlic (finely chopped): 1 tbsps
- Prepared Cauliflower paste
- Mixed Italian herbs: 1.5 tbsps
- Salt: 1 tsp
- Cream: ½ cup
- Croutons: For garnish
- Coriander leaves (chopped): For garnish
How to Make the Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Once you have everything ready, here’s the process you need to follow to make the creamy cauliflower soup.
Turn on the Instant Pot and set to Saute mode. Once it's heated, add in the butter.
Next add the garlic and saute.
Next goes the onions and cauliflower florets and saute for 1 minute.
Add the chicken broth next and let it come to a quick boil.
Put on the lid and set the Instant Pot to manual Pressure Cook mode for 10 minutes, making sure that the valve is in the sealing position.
Let the pressure release naturally before removing the lid. Give it a good stir.
Once the pressure is released, blend the mixture into a smooth paste using a hand blender. Ensure that there are no lumps.
Keep the blended mixture aside.
In the same pot, add the butter. Once it gets heated up, add the garlic and saute.
Add in the blended potato mixture next and give a good mix.
Next, put in the mixed Italian herbs and salt.
Add the cream next and give it a good stir.
Transfer the soup to a bowl.
Garnish with the croutons and chopped green coriander leaves.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can add a lot of other veggies into the cauliflower soup mixture. Choose green veggies like spinach, kale or broccoli to add some extra depth of color to the soup. Other neutral tasting veggies like zucchini, carrots and sweet potatoes can also be thrown in.
Yes! The best part about this creamy cauliflower soup recipe is the fact that it is freezer friendly, which means you can make it in a big batch and store it for later- perfect if you’re working and still want to enjoy a nice home cooked meal.
You can prepare the cauliflower paste in advance and transfer it into freezer safe bags or containers- they can last you for months in there. You can also choose to finish making the soup completely (minus the croutons) and freeze it.
It is always a better idea to freeze the cauliflower paste, and put the soup together right when you want to enjoy it- the freshness just makes a huge difference.
You definitely can! All it takes is a few simple swaps and you’ve got yourself a nice vegan cauliflower soup to enjoy. Skip the butter and use olive oil, use veggie broth instead of chicken broth and ditch the cream entirely- that’s it. It is that easy.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Creamy Cauliflower Soup
This creamy cauliflower soup might be easy to make, but you can’t say no to some additional tips and tricks that, when implemented, can really help make a difference.
- Want to add a hint of spice to the cauliflower soup? Throw in some red pepper flakes or a dash of black pepper powder.
- Ground nutmeg also acts as a wonderful seasoning that enhances the flavor of the cauliflower and takes the soup to the next level.
- Love your texture? Sauté some cauliflower florets in some butter or oil until they are solidly golden, and add them to the soup towards the end along with the croutons.
- Don’t have croutons? You can also just serve the soup with some sourdough bread or any other bread of your choice.
- Don’t forget to sprinkle a generous amount of cheese on the top, right before you serve. This adds another dimension of flavor to the soup.
- You can also thicken the soup, throw in some more spices and a bit of pasta water, and use it as a quick and easy homemade pasta sauce.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Your bowl of piping hot cauliflower soup can be served as is, or as a side to any of your main food preparations. This soup also works wonderfully alongside any salad, pasta dish or even just a simple homemade sandwich.
Enjoyed this flavor-packed soup recipe? On the lookout for some more delicious and flavorful lunch or dinner recipes that are easy to recreate? Here are a few you might want to check out.
Instant Pot Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Ingredients for the first phase
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoon Garlic , (finely chopped)
- ½ cup Onions , (chopped)
- 2 cups Califlowers , (florets)
- 1 cup Chicken broth
Ingredients for the second phase
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 1 tablespoon Garlic , (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Prepared Cauliflower paste
- 1 tablespoon Mixed Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Cream
- 1 cup Croutons, (for garnish)
- 1 cup Coriander leaves, (chopped for garnish)
- Turn on the Instant Pot and set to Saute mode. Once it's heated, add in the butter.
- Next add the garlic and saute.
- Next goes the onions and cauliflower florets and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken broth next and let it come to a quick boil.
- Put on the lid and set the Instant Pot to manual Pressure Cook mode for 10 minutes, making sure that the valve is in the sealing position.
- Let the pressure release naturally before removing the lid. Give it a good stir.
- Once the pressure is released, blend the mixture into a smooth paste using a hand blender. Ensure that there are no lumps.
- Keep the blended mixture aside.
- In the same pot, add the butter. Once it gets heated up, add the garlic and saute.
- Add in the blended potato mixture next and give a good mix.
- Next, put in the mixed Italian herbs and salt.
- Add the cream next and give it a good stir.
- Transfer the soup to a bowl.
- Garnish with the croutons and chopped green coriander leaves.
- Serve hot!