Looking for an eggless dessert that isn’t just delicious but fun to make too? You’ve got to try this easy strawberry pudding recipe. It’s fruity, it's sweet and perfect for Valentine’s Day or even just when you’re craving for a simple, no-fuss dessert.
With no additives and artificial coloring agents, this dessert is a total hit. Scroll down and read on to get a good look at everything you need to know about making it.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need just 6 simple ingredients to put this dish together.
For the strawberry compote
- Strawberries (chopped): 1 cup
- Sugar: ¼ cup
- Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
For the pudding
- Corn flour slurry: 2 tbsp
- Milk: 1 cup
- Desiccated coconut: ¼ cup
How to Make the Easy Strawberry Pudding
Once you have everything ready, here’s the process you’ll need to follow to make the pudding from scratch.
Add the chopped strawberries to a heated pan.
Top the strawberries with sugar and let it boil.
Mix the sugar properly with the strawberries and mix well. Let the mixture boil.
You will notice the sugar melting. Add the lemon juice and mix well.
Let the mixture keep boiling for about 10 minutes or until it thickens. You should cook the mixture until it starts sticking to the spatula.
Once the compote is ready, keep it aside and let it come to room temperature.
Now, bring the milk to a boil. Add the desiccated coconut and mix well.
Make a slurry by mixing 1 tablespoon corn flour with water. Add it to the milk mixture. Mix.
Turn off the heat once the mixture thickens.
Transfer the mixture to a glass dish. Let it sit in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
Once it’s set, top it up with the strawberry compote.
Transfer the dish to the refrigerator to cool.
Serve once it is properly set.
Frequently Asked Questions
You sure can! That’s actually the best part about this recipe. You can use raspberries, blueberries and even blackberries as alternatives, or try out a combination of two different berries if you want to.
If you’re allergic to coconut or just don’t want to use it for this recipe, you can just skip it and add a bit of vanilla essence into the mix. To make this mixture sweet, you can also add a bit of sugar.
To bring some fun factor into this easy strawberry pudding, you can also add a layer of Nilla wafers or any other mildly flavored cookies in the dessert bowls or cups, follow them up with the pudding, and then top them with the strawberry compote.
You can transfer the leftovers to an airtight container or cover them with some cling wrap and refrigerate them for up to 3 days.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Easy Strawberry Pudding
Ready to give this fun recipe a shot? Wait up! You might want to take note of these additional tips and tricks too!
- Want to bring a bit of creaminess into this dessert? Add a bit of whisked cream cheese into the pudding mixture after it has cooled down a bit, before you top it with the compote.
- Don’t have fresh strawberries? You can use frozen ones too. Just make sure you allow them to thaw completely before you put them to use.
- If you don’t have the time to make the strawberry compote from scratch, you can also substitute it with some thick strawberry jam or jelly.
- To make this pudding more fruity, you can add a bit of strawberry essence or even some fresh strawberry puree into the pudding mixture as well.
- If the strawberries you’re using for this recipe seem too tart, you can adjust by adding in some more sugar as well.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
This easy strawberry pudding tastes fantastic on its own. If you want to go the extra mile, you can sprinkle a few mint leaves over the top and add some strawberry slices too to get a bit of texture.
Serve this pudding chilled and enjoy!
Loved trying out this recipe? Inspired enough to experiment with some more fun recipes in the kitchen? Here are a few good ones you might want to look at.
- Coconut Jaggery Puffs
- Peanut and Chocolate Bites with Caramel Filling
- Peanut Bites With Chocolate Filling
Easy Strawberry Pudding
Ingredients For the Strawberry compote
- 1 cup Strawberries , (chopped)
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
Ingredients For the pudding
- 2 tablespoon Corn Flour Slurry
- 1 cup Milk
- ¼ cup Desiccated Coconut
- Add the chopped strawberries to a heated pan.
- Top the strawberries with sugar and let it boil.
- Mix the sugar properly with the strawberries and mix well. Let the mixture boil.
- You will notice the sugar melting. Add the lemon juice and mix well.
- Let the mixture keep boiling for about 10 minutes or until it thickens. You should cook the mixture until it starts sticking to the spatula.
- Once the compote is ready, keep it aside and let it come to room temperature.
- Now, bring the milk to a boil. Add the desiccated coconut and mix well.
- Make a slurry by mixing 1 tablespoon corn flour with water. Add it to the milk mixture. Mix.
- Turn off the heat once the mixture thickens.
- Transfer the mixture to a glass dish. Let it set in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Once it’s set, top it up with the strawberry compote.
- Transfer the dish to the refrigerator to cool.
- Serve once it is properly set.