These dumplings with hot garlic sauce are super savory and flavorful, and are super easy to put together too.
If you’re a dumpling lover, you know how you may find tons of different dumplings with the most delicious fillings, but it can all feel incomplete without an accompanying sauce. This recipe offers just that- the perfect balance between all the complementing ingredients that are bound to take your taste buds on a ride.
Ready to give this recipe a shot? Here’s all you need to know about it before you do.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need two sets of ingredients to make the dumplings and the hot garlic sauce.
For the hot garlic sauce
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Garlic (minced): 4 tbsp
- Green Onions (finely chopped): 4 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste: 1 tbsp
- Red Chili paste: 2 tbsp
- Red chili flakes: 1 tbsp
- Schezwan sauce: 2 tbsp
- Ketchup: 1 tbsp
- Salt: ½ tsp
- Vinegar: 2 tbsp
- Dark soya sauce: 1 tsp
- Water: ¼ cup
For the saucy dumplings
- Frozen dumpling (thawed and steamed): 3-5
- Prepared hot garlic sauce
- Sesame seeds: For garnish
- Green onions (chopped): For garnish
How to Make the Dumplings With Hot Garlic Sauce
Once you have all your ingredients ready, here’s what you need to do to put the dish together.
Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Add the minced garlic.
Add the chopped green onions and saute. Cook until the mixtures turn golden brown in color.
Add in the red chili paste, red chili flakes, Schezwan sauce, and ketchup. Mix well.
Next, add the salt, vinegar, and dark soya sauce. Mix well.
Add water and let the sauce come to a boil. Keep cooking until the mixture turns thick.
Add the steamed dumplings to this sauce and coat well.
Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions and serve hot.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re making your dumplings at home from scratch, you can experiment with a lot of different fillings. Chicken mince, spinach-corn-cheese and a veggie based dumpling are all some good options to consider.
This dumplings with hot garlic sauce is a simple, classic recipe, you can also bring in a bit of variation by adding some chopped or sliced veggies of your choice. Sliced mushrooms, bell peppers, carrots and zucchini are some great veggies to consider adding into the mix.
You can saute them lightly and throw in a bit of the hot garlic sauce to coat them nicely.
You sure can! I personally love making this sauce in a big batch and storing it for later to team it up with my Asian appetizers and rice or noodle bowls.
Schezwan sauce is an absolute classic to have in your pantry. It is super versatile and has bold flavors that can elevate practically any dish in seconds. If you don’t have it, you can make do with any chili garlic or hot sauce you have at hand.
Your leftover dumplings with hot garlic sauce can be transferred to an airtight container and refrigerated for up to a day. Remember to reheat this in the microwave, because after the dumplings are drenched in the sauce, they might start to lose their structural integrity.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Dumplings With Hot Garlic Sauce
Ready to give this flavorsome recipe a shot? Here’s all you need to know about it before you do.
- Dark soy sauce adds a nice rich color to the hot garlic sauce. You can easily swap it with regular soy sauce or even light soy sauce based on your personal preference.
- If you’re trying to make a gluten free version of the hot garlic sauce, use tamari or liquid aminos.
- If you don’t have the red chili paste, you can easily make it yourself at home, or just chop up some chillies you have at hand if you don’t mind a bit of texture.
- Consider using sesame oil when making the hot garlic sauce- this is what will lend the sauce that perfect, authentic Asian sauce flavor.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
These flavorful and addictive dumplings with hot garlic sauce can be served on their own. They make for a wonderful appetizer or a side dish to team up with any of your mains.
I love serving this with some fried rice or my favorite Instant Pot Hakka noodles.
Loved how easy it was to put this fun and interesting appetizer together? Inspired to try out some more delicious and easy recipes? Here are a few good ones you might want to check out.
- Minced Lamb Pastries with Spicy Mango Dressing
- Crispy Fried Dumpling with Spicy Sauce
- Minced Lamb Canapes with Spicy Tangy Dressing
Dumplings With Hot Garlic Sauce
Ingredients For the Hot garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 4 tablespoon Garlic , (minced)
- 4 tablespoon Green Onions , (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- 2 tablespoon Red Chili paste
- 1 tablespoon Red chili flakes
- 2 tablespoon Schezwan sauce
- 1 tablespoon Ketchup
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dark soya sauce
- ¼ cup Water
Ingredients For the dumpling soup
- 5 pcs Frozen dumpling , (thawed and steamed)
- 1 bowl Prepared hot garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sesame seeds, (for garnish)
- 1 sprig Green onions , (chopped for garnish)
- Heat oil in a deep-bottomed pan. Add the minced garlic.
- Add the chopped green onions and saute. Cook until the mixtures turn golden brown in color.
- Add in the red chili paste, red chili flakes, schezwan sauce, and ketchup. Mix well.
- Next, add the salt, vinegar, and dark soya sauce. Mix well.
- Add water and let the sauce come to a boil. Keep cooking until the mixture turns thick.
- Add the steamed dumplings to this sauce and coat well.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and green onions and serve hot.
Leave a Reply