This chocolate tofu pudding is the perfect rich, creamy and chocolate-y treat that’s sure to taste your taste buds on a ride. It’s a great vegan dessert that’s healthy and nutritious as well.
But before you jump right into the recipe, scroll down and read on to get a quick gist of everything you need to know about it.
Ingredients For the Recipe
Just a handful of ingredients is what you’ll need to make this chocolate tofu pudding.
- Silken Tofu: 1 block
- Cocoa powder: 4 tbsps
- Milk: 2 tbsps
- Sugar: 4 tbsps or as per taste
- Salt: A pinch
- Vanilla extract: ½ tsp
- Chocolate shavings: For garnish
How to Make the Chocolate Tofu Pudding
Got everything ready? Here’s what you need to do next to make the pudding from scratch.
Add all the ingredients into a food processor. Blend into a smooth paste.
Transfer the mixture into individual cups. Refrigerate/Chill the cups overnight or at least for 3 hours.
Serve the cups after garnishing with chocolate shavings.
Frequently Asked Questions
This classic and versatile chocolate tofu pudding offers you a lot of options to customize it and give it the twist you want to.
You can stick to the classic toppings like chocolate shavings and chocolate chips, or bring in a little more healthy goodness and texture by throwing on some toasted coconut flakes or chopped nuts of your choice.
You can also lend the chocolate pudding a bit of a different taste by adding some instant coffee mix (if you want to enjoy a bit of a coffee flavor in the dessert) or some orange zest if you want a dessert with some citrusy notes.
Silken tofu is the best choice for this recipe. It has just the perfect texture, is easy to work with and gets you the most smooth, rich and luxurious feel you’re looking for in this pudding.
What’s more, it is also an excellent source of plant protein, healthy fatty acids and anti-inflammatory properties, making it one of the most nutrient dense desserts you could ever treat yourself to.
Yes, you can! The chocolate tofu pudding can stay fresh in the refrigerator for upto 2 days. Just remember to cover the individual containers well with a lid or cling wrap to preserve their freshness.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Chocolate Tofu Pudding
Making the pudding might be a super simple process, but having these little tips and tricks handy can really help.
- Don’t have tofu? You can make do with some avocado, pumpkin and cashew blended into a smooth mixture and use it as a base instead.
- Still looking for another alternative to tofu? Whipped aquafaba can make for a good choice.
- Salt helps balance out the sweetness of the dessert wonderfully, so make sure you don’t skip it. You use sea salt or flaky salt instead of regular salt as well.
- Fresh fruits also make for an excellent healthy topping for the pudding.
- If you don’t have cocoa powder, you can also use melted chocolate for this recipe. Just make sure you use high quality chocolate, since it really makes a difference in the flavor of the dessert.
- Remember that both the chocolate and the silken tofu need to be at room temperature before you blend them together.
- To lend the dessert an extra elegant feel, pour the pudding into individual dessert glasses or ramekins and top them with a sprig of mint right before you serve.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Your chocolate tofu pudding tastes perfect when served chilled and topped with some chocolate shavings or a generous drizzle of chocolate sauce. You can also experiment with the toppings if you want to bring in a bit of taste and textural difference.
Loved whipping up this quick dessert? Looking for some more healthy vegan recipes to try out? Here are a few handpicked ones you might want to take a look at.
- Thai Spicy Vegan Fish Cake
- Vegan Kalakand Using Homemade Tofu
- No Bake Vegan Fruit Tart with Aquafaba Cream
Chocolate Tofu Pudding
- 1 Block Silken Tofu
- 2 tablespoon Cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon Milk
- 4 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 block Chocolate shavings
- Add all the ingredients into a food processor. Blend into a smooth paste.
- Transfer the mixture into individual cups. Refrigerate/Chill the cups overnight or at least for 3 hours.
- Serve the cups after garnishing with chocolate shavings.