Super crispy on the outside, tender and flavorful on the inside- these air fried vegetable cutlets will become your next favorite tea time snack.
Packed with veggies and cooked in little to no oil, these low calorie cutlets are going to become your perfect healthy snack or appetizer.
Best of all, they need just a few minutes of kitchen time and some simple ingredients to put together.
Ready to try out this easy Air Fryer recipe? Here’s all you need to know about it.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You will need just a handful of ingredients to make these air fried vegetable cutlets
- Cabbage (shredded): 2 cups
- Carrot (finely chopped): ¼ cup
- Beetroot (finely chopped): ¼ cup
- Coriander leaves (chopped): 3 tbsp
- Onion (finely chopped): ¼ cup
- Potatoes (boiled and mashed): 1 cup
- Chaat masala: 1 tsp
- Red chili powder: ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Salt: 1 tsp
How to Make the Air Fried Vegetable Cutlets
Once you have all your ingredients ready, here is the step-by-step process you will need to follow to make these air fried vegetable cutlets.
In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the cutlets and give it a good mix.
Make small disc shaped balls out of the mixture and keep them aside.
Pre-heat the air fryer at 200℃ for 5 minutes.
Spray some oil on the cutlets and transfer them to the air fryer.
Cook them at 200℃ for 10-15 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
Serve hot with tea as a snack or as a side dish to your meals along with green chutney.
Frequently Asked Questions
In addition to the veggies, you can also add some soya granules or crumbled cottage cheese aka paneer to bump up the nutritional value and protein in these cutlets.
Corn kernels, bell peppers, green peas and mushrooms are some other good additions to the cutlet mixture.
Your leftover cutlets can be refrigerated for two days. Remember to use an airtight container to store them and place them in a single layer in the container to keep them from sticking to each other.
If you want them to be crunchy, you can reheat them in the Air Fryer, or just use your microwave if you don’t mind them being a bit soft.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Air Fried Vegetable Cutlets
While making these air fried vegetable cutlets is super easy, here are some tips and tricks you might want to note down before you give this recipe a shot.
- If you want these cutlets to be crunchy and crispy, you might want to dip them in a simple slurry made using water and cornflour and then cover them with some breadcrumbs before you air fry them.
- If you want to keep these cutlets gluten free, you can coat them in a mixture of coarsely ground oats instead of the breadcrumbs.
- To cut down the prep time for this recipe, you can choose to boil the potatoes up to a day in advance and then combine it with the veggies when you want to make the cutlets.
- To make these cutlets healthier, you can swap the regular potatoes for sweet potatoes.
- Another great way to make these air fried vegetable cutlets more healthy is to add in roughly chopped nuts of your choice. Peanuts, cashews and walnuts are good options, and they can lend a nice bit of crunch factor to the cutlets too.
- When air frying the cutlets, remember to leave a little space between each cutlet. This will allow the hot air to flow through the basket nicely and will help make the cutlets crispy on all the sides.
- You can also brush a bit of olive oil on the cutlets and grease the Air Fryer basket before you layer the cutlets in. This will help them brown up nicely and get them more crispy too.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
These crispy air fried vegetable cutlets are perfect to enjoy on their own. They’re full of flavor, and you don’t actually need to team them up with anything, unless you really want to.
Enjoyed making this Air Fryer recipe? Inspired to try some more air fried snacks? Here are a few good ones you might want to check out.
- Air Fried Mirchi Bajjis with Tangy Surprise
- Air Fried Moong Dal Vada With Green Chutney
- Air Fried Crumbed Fish with Mayo Dip
Air Fried Vegetable Cutlets
- 2 cups Cabbage , (shredded)
- ¼ cup Carrot , (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Beetroot , (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoon Coriander leaves, (chopped)
- ¼ cup Onion , (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Potatoes , (boiled and mashed)
- 1 teaspoon Chaat masala
- ½ teaspoon Red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the cutlets and give it a good mix.
- Make small disc shaped balls out of the mixture and keep them aside.
- Pre-heat the air fryer at 200℃ for 5 minutes.
- Spray some oil on the cutlets and transfer them to the air fryer.
- Cook them at 200℃ for 10-15 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Serve hot with tea as a snack or as a side dish to your meals along with green chutney.