Crispy, crunchy and full of flavor, these oven roasted potato fries are an incredible snack or a side dish you can make and enjoy with your entire family.
These spiced fries are nothing like your average French fries, and once you give them a try
The fries take just a few minutes and a handful of simple ingredients to put together and taste absolutely incredible!
Ready to give this easy recipe a shot? Here’s all you need to know about making it.
Ingredients For the Recipe
To make the oven roasted potato fries here's all you’ll need.
- Potatoes (boiled and mashed): 1.5 cups
- Salt: ½ tsp
- Black pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Cheese (grated): ½ cup
- Corn flour: 4 tbsp
- Coriander (finely chopped): 2 tbsp
- Mixed Italian herbs: 2 tbsp
- Red paprika: 1 tsp
How to Make the Oven Roasted Potato Fries
Once all your ingredients are ready, here’s what you’ll need to do to make the potato fries.
Take a mixing bowl and add all the ingredients one by one. Using a spatula, give everything a good mix.
Next, take a piping bag and pour the mixture in.
Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Pipe out the mixture in the form of potato fries.
Bake in the oven at 180℃ for 40-45 minutes or until the fries turn golden and crisp.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have used a simple seasoning mix of black pepper paprika and mixed Italian herbs for this recipe.
Based on your personal taste preference, you can adjust the seasoning and even add or reduce the amount of seasonings you are adding.
Yes you can! You can deep fry the potato fries or air fry them until they are nice and crispy.
When you are deep frying, just remember to use cooking oil that has a high smoke point. When air frying, remember not to overcrowd the Air Fryer basket.
We have used corn flour in the oven roasted potato fries mixture, but if you want to make the price extra crispy you can use Rice flour instead.
Another great option to make the price extra crispy is to Air Fry them.
A good way to store the left overprise is to transfer them to an airtight container and refrigerate them for up to 2 to 3 days. These fries taste best when reheated in the oven or in the Air Fryer.
Microwaving them will make them lose their crispness.
You can also prepare the dough for these potato fries in advance and refrigerate until you are ready to bake or fry them.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Oven Roasted Potato Fries
Ready to give this recipe a shot? Here are some additional tips and tricks you might want to keep in mind.
- To make these fries healthier, you can use mashed sweet potatoes instead of regular potatoes.
- Another great idea to make these fries healthier is to add some shredded carrots into the dough for the fries.
- To add more flavor to the fries, you can also add some chicken or veggie stock powder into the mixture.
- To ensure that the potato mixture doesn’t stick to your surface, you can sprinkle a bit of cornflour on it, before rolling it out.
- To make the potatoes creamy and soft on the inside, you can also add a bit of heavy cream to the mixture.
- Remember that the mixture for the potato fries needs to be uniform. To do this, you’ll need to mash the potatoes thoroughly, making sure no lumps are left.
- If the potato mixture seems too sticky to handle, you can add a bit more of the cornflour or the rice flour to make it more pliable and easy to work with.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
The best way to serve these oven roasted potato fries is to team them up with some ketchup or mayonnaise or any other dipping sauce of your choice.
These fries can be enjoyed as an evening snack when served with some tea or coffee or at any other time of the day.
Enjoyed trying this easy snack recipe and inspired to give some more such recipes a try? Here are a few handpicked ones you might want to take a look at.
Oven Roasted Potato Fries
- 1.5 cups Potatoes , (boiled and mashed)
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- ½ cup Cheese , (grated)
- 4 tablespoon Corn flour
- 2 tablespoon Coriander , (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoon Mixed Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon Red paprika
- Take a mixing bowl and add all the ingredients one by one. Using a spatula, give everything a good mix.
- Next, take a piping bag and pour the mixture in.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Pipe out the mixture in the form of potato fries.
- Bake in the oven at 180℃ for 40-45 minutes or until the fries turn golden and crisp.
Leave a Reply