If you love french toast, but don’t have eggs or just don’t want to use them, you might want to try your hands at this milk bread with caramel recipe. With just a few ingredients and kitchen time, you’ll be able to put together this insanely delicious dessert or breakfast option.
Ready to give this recipe a shot? Here’s all you need to know about it.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need just 4 simple ingredients to put this dish together.
- Ghee/Clarified Butter: 2 tbsp
- Bread slices: 3
- Milk: ½ cup
- Caramel sauce: 4 tbsp
How to Make the Milk Bread with Caramel
Once you have all your ingredients ready, here’s what you need to do to make the milk bread with caramel.
Heat ghee in a pan. Add the slices one on top of another.
Next, flip the slices and cook the other side for 30-40 seconds.
Start adding the milk little by little. Flip the toast and add more milk. Keep cooking until the milk is absorbed.
Once the milk is absorbed, top the toast with caramel sauce.
Spread the caramel evenly. You can add caramel to the other side of the toast too.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use any kind of bread for this recipe- sandwich bread, sourdough, brioche, challah and even regular white bread- they all work well. If your bread is a couple days old and has lost its softness, you can still put it to use.
If you don’t have caramel sauce or are looking for an alternative, chocolate sauce is your next best bet. And if you’re looking to give this dish a healthier twist, you can also top it with some natural peanut butter of your choice.
If you’re looking to try a vegan version of this recipe, simply replace the milk in the recipe with oat milk, almond milk or any other non-dairy milk.
There’s so much more than just the caramel sauce that you can use as a topping for the milk bread. Chopped fresh seasonal fruits like berries, mangoes, apples and even bananas can be great as toppings for this milk bread.
Your leftover milk bread can be transferred to an airtight container and refrigerated. This can stay fresh for 2-3 days, and reheated on a pan or in the microwave.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Milk Bread with Caramel
While putting this dish together is easy,
- The ghee lends the milk bread a nice flavor and aroma, but if you don’t have it, you can just use regular unsalted butter instead.
- To make the milk bread with caramel even more sweet and delicious, you can add a bit of condensed milk along with the milk.
- Another great idea is to use some heavy cream along with the milk. Remember that if you’re doing this, you’ll need to keep the heat low to prevent it from burning and turning black.
- It is best to use whole milk or full fat milk for this recipe to get the maximum creaminess into the bread.
- If you’re looking to lend the milk bread a bit of extra flavor, you can add a pinch of cinnamon powder and/or a dash of vanilla extract into the milk.
- Want to ditch the caramel sauce and keep the topping simple? A drizzle of honey or maple syrup can do the trick.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
This soft and flavorful milk bread with caramel can be a great breakfast option if you prefer something sweet. Team it up with your coffee and you’re sorted.
Another great idea is to serve it as a dessert, teaming it up with some vanilla ice cream.
Enjoyed trying your hands at this easy recipe? Looking for some more such fun and interesting recipes to try out? Here are a few good ones you might want to take a look at.
Milk Bread with Caramel
- 2 tablespoon Ghee/Clarified Butter
- 3 Bread Slices
- ½ cup Milk
- 4 tablespoon Caramel Sauce
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add the slices one on top of another.
- Next, flip the slices and cook the other side for 30-40 seconds.
- Start adding the milk little by little. Flip the toast and add more milk. Keep cooking until the milk is absorbed.
- Once the milk is absorbed, top the toast with caramel sauce. Spread the caramel evenly. You can add caramel to the other side of the toast too.
- Serve warm.
Leave a Reply