Chicken sausages are super versatile and delicious, and can be put together in so many different dishes and culinary creations. These masala sausages are just one good example of how you can toss them together with a few other ingredients and elevate them to the next level.
This dish can be served as a side to a lot of your main dishes, and even paired with some flatbread or any other carb and enjoyed as a meal on its own.
Ready to give the recipe a try? Read on to get a quick overview of everything you need to know about it.
Ingredients For the Recipe
To make the masala sausages, you’ll need just a few simple kitchen essentials.
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Green capsicum (finely chopped): ¼ cup
- Yellow capsicum (finely chopped): ¼ cup
- Red capsicum (finely chopped): ¼ cup
- Onions (finely chopped): ¼ cup
- Sausages (diced): 1 cup
- Dried thyme: ½ tsp
- Mixed herb seasonings: 1 tsp
- Paprika powder: 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder: ½ tsp
- Salt: 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Parsley (finely chopped): For garnish
How to Make the Delicious Masala Sausages
Once you have all your ingredients ready, here’s the process you’ll need to follow to put the dish together.
Heat oil in a pan. Add the red, green, and yellow capsicum along with the onions. Saute. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Next, add the sausages and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add in the spices and salt and mix well. Cook for a few more minutes until the sausages change color.
Serve hot after garnishing with chopped parsley.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve used a medley of different bell peppers and some chopped onions for this recipe, but you can also add some other veggies of your choice into the mix. Broccoli, green beans, carrots, brussels sprouts, baby corn, spinach and mushrooms are all great choices.
The best part about this recipe is the fact that you can play around with the seasonings and spices. If you don’t want to give the dish the Italian flavors, you can sprinkle some peri peri seasoning or taco seasoning into it.
If you don’t have any of these, a touch of garam masala powder or curry powder can do the trick too.
You can use almost any kind of sausage for this recipe- chicken and turkey sausages are two great options that are versatile and easy to work with.
Your leftover masala sausages can be transferred to an airtight container and refrigerated for 3-4 days. These sausages are best reheated in the microwave or over the stovetop in a non-stick pan.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Delicious Masala Sausages
Ready to try out this flavorful recipe in your kitchen? You might want to take note of these tips and tricks.
- While dicing the sausages, remember to keep the pieces almost evenly sized. This will ensure that they are cooked properly and all the way through.
- If you love the flavors of the dish, and want to enjoy it as a main, you can add some chopped tomatoes and some more seasonings into it, and turn it into a gravy-like consistency.
- Chopped garlic and ginger can also be wonderful additions to this dish. They can add some extra earthiness and flavor to the dish.
- If your sausages are mildly flavored, and your dish needs something extra, you can also add a tablespoon or two of tomato ketchup or teriyaki sauce or any other Asian sauce of your choice.
- Want to lend some heat to the dish? Throw in some chopped green chillies or a dash of paprika or chili powder into it.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
These delicious masala sausages can be the perfect side to your dinner party. You can team them up with a dipping sauce of your choice, or just serve them as is.
This dish can also be a quick healthy and filling lunch or dinner option when served with some chapatis or any other flatbread of your choice.
The masala sausages can also be served with some fried rice or stir fried noodles.
On the hunt for some more interesting side recipes to try your hands at? Here are a few good ones you might want to check out.
- Air Fryer Crunchy Spicy Chickpeas
- Spinach and Corn Puff Pastry
- Minced Lamb Pastries with Spicy Mango Dressing
Delicious Masala Sausages
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- ¼ cup Green Capsicum , (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Yellow Capsicum , (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Red Capsicum , (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup Onions , (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Sausages , (diced)
- ½ teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Mixed Herb Seasonings
- 1 teaspoon Paprika Powder
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 sprig Parsley , (finely chopped for garnishing)
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the red, green, and yellow capsicum along with the onions. Saute. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Next, add the sausages and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the spices and salt and mix well. Cook for a few more minutes until the sausages change color.
- Serve hot after garnishing with chopped parsley.