Got some extra vegetable pulp leftover from your recent experiments in the kitchen? Put all that healthy goodness to good use with these air fried leftover veggie patties. The patties are super easy to put together and have a delicious, crispy outside that makes them a perfect evening snack.
Scroll down and read on to discover everything you need to know about making them.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need just a simple mix of ingredients to put these air fried leftover veggie patties together.
- Leftover Vegetable Pulp: 1 cup
- Turmeric powder: ½ tsp
- Red chili powder: 1 tsp
- Garam masala: 1 tsp
- Salt: 1 tablespoon or as per taste
- Cottage cheese (crushed): ¼ cup
- Coriander leaves (chopped): 2 tbsp
- Chickpea flour: ¼ cup
How to Make the Air Fried Leftover Veggie Patties
Once you have all your ingredients ready, here’s what you need to do to make the patties.
Pre-heat the air fryer at 180℃ for 5 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, add the leftover vegetable juice pulp followed by the powdered spices.
Add the crushed cottage cheese and chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
Next, add the chickpea flour and mix well.
Bind the mixture together and make a smooth dough.
Make as many small roundels you can from the dough.
Transfer the roundels to the air fryer and cook them at 180℃ for 10-15 minutes.
Serve with chutney of your choice as an evening snack.
Frequently Asked Questions
One of the best things about these patties is the fact that they’re super versatile- you can tweak and play around with the ingredients as much as you’d like, based on what you have at hand.
Veggies like carrots, cauliflower, green beans, peas, bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, zucchini, sweet potatoes, broccoli and even mushrooms can be great additions to these patties.
If your leftover vegetable pulp is too runny, it might end up making your patty mixture softer than it needs to be, which can be tricky to shape. If that’s the case, you can make the mixture more pliable by adding some breadcrumbs into it, or some boiled, mashed potato.
Remember that if you’re making these additions, you’ll need to adjust the seasonings and spices accordingly.
You can! Cottage cheese aka paneer is super nutritious and an excellent addition to the patty mixture, but if you want to try out a vegan version of this recipe, you can skip adding it and use firm tofu instead.
Yes, you totally can! Simply prepare the patty mixture and transfer it to an airtight container. You can refrigerate this for 2-3 days and shape and air fry the patties when you want to.
Alternatively, you can also shape the patties, freeze them individually, transfer them to a freezer safe container and then freeze them for weeks, if not more.
Your leftover patties can be transferred to an airtight container and refrigerated for 2 days.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Air Fried Leftover Veggie Patties
Ready to give this easy recipe a shot? Here are some tips and tricks you should have handy before you do.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can pan-fry these patties too. Just remember to shallow fry the patties in a good quality non-stick pan for best results.
- Got some leftover rotisserie chicken? You can add it into the mixture too!
- Another excellent idea to bring in a bit of variation into these patties is to cut out a small square of processed cheese and shape your patties around it- you’ve got cheese stuffed patties!
- To lend these patties a bit of extra crispiness on the outside, you can dip them in a simple cornflour and water slurry and then coat them generously with panko breadcrumbs too.
- If you’re making these for kids, you can also use cookie cutters to shape them into unique, fun shapes.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
These delicious air fried leftover veggie patties can be teamed up with any chutney or dipping sauce of your choice. If you’ve run out of options, some good old tomato ketchup can do the trick too.
Enjoyed how this recipe turned out? Looking for some more snack recipe ideas you can replicate in the kitchen? Try out these handpicked ones.
- Air Fried Raw Mango Cutlets with Tamarind Chutney
- Spinach and Corn Puff Pastry
- Semolina and Potato Breakfast Cutlets
Air Fried Leftover Veggie Patties
- 1 cup Leftover Vegetable Pulp
- ½ teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- ¼ cup Cottage cheese , (crushed)
- 2 tablespoon Coriander leaves , (chopped)
- ¼ cup Chickpea flour
- Pre-heat the air fryer at 180℃ for 5 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, add the leftover vegetable juice pulp followed by the powdered spices.
- Add the crushed cottage cheese and chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- Next, add the chickpea flour and mix well. Bind the mixture together and make a smooth dough.
- Make as many small roundels you can from the dough.
- Transfer the roundels to the air fryer and cook them at 180℃ for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve with chutney of your choice as an evening snack.
Leave a Reply