This easy air fried crispy paneer is the perfect low-carb and vegetarian snack or appetizer that takes just minutes to put together, but still turns out super delicious.
This easy snack comes together in under 15 minutes with your pantry staples and is packed with protein.
The crispy paneer has a super versatile flavor, which makes it a great choice for almost any recipe you plan to serve it with.
You can, in fact, also toss it into your salad bowl to get a bit of extra protein, or use it as a filling for your sandwiches and wraps, and it’ll turn out perfectly delicious every single time.
Ingredients For the Recipe
To make the air fried crispy paneer, here is what you will need.
- All purpose flour: ½ cup
- Paprika powder: 1 tbsp
- Black pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Mixed herbs: 1 tbsp
- Onion powder: 2 tsp
- Garlic powder: 2 tsp
- Paneer cubes: 200 grams
- Oil: For brushing
How to Make the Air Fried Crispy Paneer
Once you have all your ingredients ready, here is what you will need to do to make the air fried crispy paneer.
In a mixing bowl, add the all purpose flour, paprika powder, black pepper powder, mixed herbs, onion powder, and garlic powder. Give it a good mix.
Next, add the paneer cubes to the mixture and coat them well.
Pre-heat the air fryer at 200℃ for 5 minutes.
Transfer the coated paneer cubes into the air fryer. Brush them with oil.
Cook them at 180℃ for 20-25 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have used a simple mix of herbs and spices to season the paneer. You can use any seasoning mix of your choice too and bring in some variation if you want to.
Chaat Masala, Garam Masala powder and Peri Peri seasoning and Ranch seasoning and all great choices.
If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days and then reheat them in the Air Fryer to get them crispy again.
You can also use a microwave to reheat them but they won’t get that crispy texture if you do that.
Another great idea is to use your leftover paneer to make a simple paneer curry.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Air Fried Crispy Paneer
Making these air fried crispy paneer is super easy, but you might want to take note of these tips and tricks too
- To make a gluten free version of this Paneer, you can use corn flour to coat the paneer instead of the all purpose flour
- Another great option is to use rice flour instead. Rice flour gets the paneer an extra crunchy and crispy texture.
- In fact, you can also choose to prepare a simple slurry using all the spices and the flour that the recipe calls for, dip the paneer cubes in the slurry and coat them in some seasoned bread crumbs if you want them to look more fancy.
- Make sure all the paneer cubes are roughly the same size. This will help get them crispy and help them cook evenly.
- Remember to grease your Air Fryer basket well before you add the paneer cubes inside. This will help keep them from sticking to the side and the bottom.
- Also remember to check the Air Fryer basket midway through the cooking process. This will get the paneer cubes nice and crispy on all the sides.
- If you are making a big batch of the crispy air fried paneer, you may want to cook the paneer in batches instead of adding them all at the same time.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
This crispy and crunchy air fried paneer can be enjoyed on its own or served with some chutney or dipping sauce of your choice.
These can be a wonderful evening snack or an appetizer to serve with any of your Indian mains too.
If you enjoyed this easy Air Fryer recipe, and are looking for some more interesting recipes to try out, here are a few good ones you might want to look at.
Air Fried Crispy Paneer
- ½ cup All purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon Mixed herbs
- 2 teaspoon Onion powder
- 2 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 200 gms Paneer cubes
- 1 tablespoon Oil, For brushing
- In a mixing bowl, add the all purpose flour, paprika powder, black pepper powder, mixed herbs, onion powder, and garlic powder. Give it a good mix.
- Next, add the paneer cubes to the mixture and coat them well.
- Pre-heat the air fryer at 200℃ for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the coated paneer cubes into the air fryer. Brush them with oil.
- Cook them at 180℃ for 20-25 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Serve hot.