Crunchy on the outside and cheesy on the inside- these easy cheese balls are sure to become your next favorite snack or party food.
They come together with just a few pantry staples, and are super versatile and customizable too.
You’ll want to give them a try, because they’re sure to become your household’s next favorite.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need just a few simple ingredients to make the cheese balls.
For the bread balls
- Bread slices: 5-6
- Mozzarella: As required
For the Flavored Garlic Butter
- Butter (melted): 4 tbsp
- Garlic (minced): 2 tbsp
- Mixed herb seasonings: 1 tbsp
- Paprika powder: ½ tsp
- Salt: ¼ tsp
- Pepper: ¼ tsp
For the final dish
- Prepared bread balls
- Prepared garlic butter
- Cheese: As required
How to Make the Easy Cheese Balls
Ready with all your ingredients? Here’s what you’ll need to do next to make the easy cheese balls.
Take the bread slices and flatter them out with the help of a rolling pin.
Next put small amounts of mozzarella at the center of the bread slices and turn them into balls. Use water to seal the ends.
For the garlic butter, add all the ingredients and mix.
Preheat the oven.
Next, take a baking dish and put the bread balls next to each other.
Apply the garlic butter on top and distribute evenly.
Top it up with cheese.
Bake at 180℃ for 20-25 minutes or until you notice the top layer of cheese turning golden brown in color.
Serve hot as a party starter!
Frequently Asked Questions
I kept the stuffing for these cheese balls super simple, and used just some mozzarella cheese, but you can try adding in other ingredients too.
You can choose to season it with some garlic powder and chili flakes or mixed herbs, or even add in veggies like chopped bell peppers, boiled potatoes and corn.
If you have any leftover cheese balls, you can refrigerate them for 2-3 days.
The best way to do this is to move them to an airtight container and pop them in the fridge.
You can then reheat them in the microwave or oven, or even in the Air Fryer if you want to.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Cheese Balls
Making these cheese balls may be super easy, but you might want to take note of these little tips and tricks too.
- While I used only mozzarella cheese to stuff the cheese balls, you can try using a mix of mozzarella and another kind of cheese to bring in some variation. Cheddar cheese and feta cheese are both good options.
- I wouldn’t recommend using hard or aged cheeses, as they won’t give you the melty texture you’re looking for.
- Another great idea is to add some shredded chicken in along with the cheese mixture. Remember to season the chicken well if you’re doing this.
- If you’re worried about the cheese balls opening up when they’re being baked, you can choose to dunk them in a mixture of flour and water, and then cover them in some breadcrumbs to make the outer coating thicker (and crispier).
- You can also choose to batch make these cheese balls in advance, freeze them (in a freezer bag or a freezer safe container) and then put them together when you want to. Make the garlic butter and store it separately in a glass jar.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
These crispy and crunchy cheese balls taste perfect when paired with a dipping sauce of any kind.
You can stick to the good old ketchup or tartar sauce, or experiment with other dips of your choice too.
If you enjoyed trying your hands at this crunchy party snack, and are inspired to try some more such fun recipes, here are a few handpicked ones to check out.
Easy Cheese Balls
Ingredients for the bread balls
- 5-6 Bread slices
- Mozzarella, As required
Ingredients for the Flavored Garlic Butter
- 4 tbsps Butter, melted
- 2 tbsps Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Mixed herb seasonings
- ½ teaspoon Paprika powder
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
Ingredients for the final dish
- 1 bowl Prepared bread balls
- 1 bowl Prepared garlic butter
- 1 bowl Cheese, As required
- Take the bread slices and flatter them out with the help of a rolling pin.
- Next put small amounts of mozzarella at the center of the bread slices and turn them into balls. Use water to seal the ends.
- For the garlic butter, add all the ingredients and mix.
- Preheat the oven.
- Next, take a baking dish and put the bread balls next to each other.
- Apply the garlic butter on top and distribute evenly.
- Top it up with cheese.
- Bake at 180℃ for 20-25 minutes or until you notice the top layer of cheese turning golden brown in color.
- Serve hot as a party starter!