The crunchiness of chips makes them the perfect snack to munch on when you’re hit by a hunger pang. The deep-fried versions might not always be healthy, but these air fried apple chips are! With just a handful of simple ingredients and minutes of kitchen time to get them ready, this is one snack recipe you absolutely need to try out.
But wait! Read on to get a quick breakdown of everything you need to know about the recipe before you do.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need just three simple ingredients to make the air fried apple chips.
- Apple (sliced): 2 whole
- Cinnamon powder: 1 tsp
- Salt: A pinch
How to Make the 3 Ingredient Air Fried Apple Chips
Got everything ready? Here’s what you need to do next to make the apple chips.
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes.
Pat the apple slices dry.
Lay out the slices flat on a tray or plate and sprinkle them with cinnamon powder and salt. Make sure you sprinkle on both sides.
Next, place the slices in the air fryer basket and cook them at 400°F for 8-10 minutes.
Keep shaking the fries in between so that they are evenly cooked.
Once you notice the slices hardening at the edges, you can remove them from the air fryer. They will harden further during the cooling process and become crisp.
Enjoy this healthy snack at a pocket-friendly price!
Frequently Asked Questions
Red delicious apples are the best choice for this recipe since they have a nice natural sweetness to them which is perfectly balanced out with the salt. You could also use Gala, Golden Delicious, Honeycrisp, Granny Smith, and Fuji apples to make your chips.
Your air fried apple chips can stay fresh for upto 5 days when stored correctly. Once they are out of the air fryer and have cooled down, you can transfer them to a Ziploc bag or an airtight container and leave them at room temperature. Remember that once these chips have been stored, they’ll eventually start to lose their crispiness and crunch factor.
Coring and peeling the apples before slicing them is completely optional- it all depends on your personal preference. In general, it is best to leave the core and the peel intact- it lends the finished, browned, and air fried apple chips a beautiful rustic look.
Tips & Tricks to Make the Air Fried Apple Chips
Ready to give this easy recipe a shot? Keep these additional hacks handy to make sure you nail them on the first try.
- Slicing the apples right is the key to getting the perfect crunchiness and bite to your air fried apple chips. You can use a sharp knife or a mandolin slicer to make it happen.
- While the chips are being air fried, remember to keep an eye on them and move them around several times during the process to get them cooked evenly, and prevent any burning.
- Don’t have an air fryer but still want to make these delicious apple chips? You could put your oven to use!
- Got some leftover apple chips? You can use them as a topping for your breakfast bowl or oatmeal or even sneak them into your salads.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
Your air fried apple chips are just like potato chips- you can enjoy them as-is- no extra effort is needed to pair them with anything. If you really want to go the extra mile, you can drizzle a bit of cookie butter or chocolate sauce on them.
Loved how easy it was to make this crunchy and healthy snack? On the hunt for more such recipes? We’ve got you covered right here.
Air Fried Apple Chips
- 2 whole apple, (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- Pre-heat the air fryer at 400°Ffor 5 minutes.
- Pat the apple slices dry.
- Lay out the slices flat on a trayor plate and sprinkle them with cinnamon powder and salt. Make sure yousprinkle on both sides.
- Next, place the slices in the airfryer basket and cook them at 400°F for 8-10 minutes.
- Keep shaking the fries in betweenso that they are evenly cooked.
- Once you notice the slices hardening at the edges, you can remove them from the air fryer. They willharden further during the cooling process and become crisp.
- Enjoy this healthy snack at apocket friendly price!