Looking to take your pizza game up a notch? Give this high fiber pizza recipe a shot! It’s super delicious and cheesy, and actually gives you a good boost of fiber as well, which can be tricky to get right in a pizza.
Give this recipe a try once, and you’ll never make pizza any other way. Scroll down and read on to discover everything you need to know about the recipe.
Ingredients For the Recipe
You’ll need 2 sets of ingredients to make the high fiber pizza.
For the pizza sauce
- Onion (roughly chopped): ½ cup
- Tomato (roughly chopped): 1 cup
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Leftover vegetable juice pulp: 1 cup
- Paprika powder: 1 tbsp
- Mixed herb seasoning: 2 tbsp
- Salt: 1 tbsp
- Water: ½ cup
For the pizza
- Pizza base: 1
- Prepared pizza sauce
- Cottage cheese (cubed): 1 cup
- Cheese (grated): ½ cup
- Mixed herb seasonings: For garnish
- Chili flakes: For garnish
- Flavored mayo of your choice: For garnish
How to Make the High Fiber Pizza
Once you have all your ingredients ready, here’s what you need to do to make the pizza.
In a blender, make a smooth paste of the onion and tomatoes. Keep aside.
Next, heat oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds and saute.
Add in the leftover vegetable pulp and mix well. Saute and cook for 2 minutes.
Next, add the onion tomato paste and mix well. Saute and cook for 3-4 minutes.
Add in the mixed herb seasonings and paprika powder and mix well.
Add salt and mix again.
Add water and let the mixture cook for 3-4 minutes until the water dries and the mixture becomes a thick spread like consistency.
Next, preheat the oven to 180℃ for 5 minutes.
Now, take the pizza base.
Apply the prepared pizza sauce all around the pizza base.
Top it with the cottage cheese cubes.
Next, add the grated cheese on top of the cottage cheese cubes.
Bake the pizza at 180℃ for 15-20 minutes.
Once the pizza is cooked, top it with mixed herb seasonings, chili flakes, and mayo topping. Serve hot.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sliced veggies and protein chunks can be amazing additions to this high fiber pizza. You can stick to the classics like sliced onions, bell peppers and mushrooms or try out unique toppings of your choice.
Seasoned shredded chicken or chicken sausages are both excellent protein rich topping ideas you can consider.
You sure can! If you have veggie pulp, you can use that, but if not, you can just chop up some veggies of your choice in a food processor and add them into the pizza sauce. Remember to chop the veggies finely, and give the sauce a few extra minutes of cooking time to get all those pieces soft and tender.
Yes, you definitely can! There’s just something different about making the dough from scratch and using it to make your own pizza. You can take a few minutes to prep the dough or just buy packaged pizza dough- whatever works for you.
You definitely can! What I love the most about this recipe is the fact that I can actually make the pizza sauce in a big batch and store it for later. That way, I always have some homemade high fiber pizza sauce ready to be put to use, and it really cuts down on the cooking time too.
Your leftover high fiber pizza can be transferred to an airtight container and refrigerated for up to 3 days. You can then reheat the pizza in the microwave or in a pan covered with a lid.
Tips & Tricks to Make the High Fiber Pizza
Ready to give this high fiber pizza recipe a shot? Here are a few additional tips and tricks you might want to keep in mind.
- To bring a bit of tanginess and flavor to your high fiber pizza, you can top it with some capers, olives and/or jalapenos.
- For some extra flavor and deliciousness, you can also top the pizza with some oregano and chili flakes.
- If your pizza sauce seems too runny and watery, you can adjust the consistency by adding some cornflour slurry into it and letting it simmer for a few extra minutes.
- To lend the pizza sauce some extra flavor, you can also consider adding some chopped garlic into it.
- If your pizza sauce has turned out too spicy, you can add a bit of heavy cream into it to tone it down.
- To get some Indian deliciousness into this recipe, you can use tandoori mayonnaise as the topping.
- Don’t forget to top the pizza with some chopped fresh herbs of your choice- basil and cilantro are some classics that work wonderfully.
Serving Ideas & Suggestions
This crispy and flavorful high fiber pizza is best enjoyed on its own, or teamed up with a mocktail on the side. You can also pair it with some garlic bread sticks or a dipping sauce on the side.
Enjoyed trying your hands at this fun and easy recipe? Inspired enough to try your hands at more healthy and interesting snacks? Here are a few good ideas.
- Zucchini Baton Fries with Chili Mayo Dip
- Crispy Baby Corn Salad with Air Fried Baby Corn
- Semolina and Potato Breakfast Cutlets
High Fiber Pizza
Ingredients for the Pizza Sauce
- ½ cup Onion , (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup Tomato , (roughly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1 cup Leftover Vegetable Juice Pulp
- 1 tablespoon Paprika Powder
- 2 tablespoon Mixed Herb Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1/23 cup Water
Ingredients for the Pizza
- 1 Pizza Base
- 1 cup Prepared Pizza Sauce
- 1 cup Cottage Cheese , (cubed)
- ½ cup Cheese , (grated)
- 1 teaspoon Mixed Herb Seasonings, (For garnish)
- 1 teaspoon Chili Flakes, (For garnish)
- 1 tablespoon Flavored Mayo of your choice, (For garnish)
- In a blender, make a smooth paste of the onion and tomatoes. Keep aside.
- Next, heat oil in a pan. Add the cumin seeds and saute.
- Add in the leftover vegetable pulp and mix well. Saute and cook for 2 minutes.
- Next, add the onion tomato paste and mix well. Saute and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the mixed herb seasonings and paprika powder and mix well.
- Add salt and mix again.
- Add water and let the mixture cook for 3-4 minutes until the water dries and the mixture becomes a thick spread like consistency.
- Next, pre-heat the oven to180℃ for 5 minutes.
- Now, take the pizza base. Apply the prepared pizza sauce all around the pizza base. Top it with the cottage cheese cubes. Next, add the grated cheese on top of the cottage cheese cubes.
- Bake the pizza at 180℃ for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the pizza is cooked, top it with mixed herb seasonings, chili flakes, and mayo topping. Serve hot.
Leave a Reply